How much does it cost ?

@Babino (5828)
Morocco
Hi, my phone is getting worst everyday and I'm so lazy to look up and see what phone should i get next. It's trendy here to have the lasted iphone but i think it's irresponsible spending. The lasted iphone costs 1300$ here, it's two months salary for me, knowing that my salary is almost 3 times the minimum wage here. Would i waste all that on a phone ? Knowing that i don't even own a car or a house yet ? That sounds so irresponsible to me i can't help but look weirdly at my coworkers who got it. How much does the last iphone cost where you are ? Would you get it if you were me ?
if I had your salary and your status in life no. But I have the latest iPhone and I get the latest and the most expensive model every year. But I have my reasons for doing so and I can afford it. But you said that you couldn't. So I don't see why that should be considered. I think it is wise to buy an affordable phone that works according to your needs.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
Yeah if you can afford it you should get whatever your heart fancies. I'd rather spend my savings on a car or a house than a phone.
@Babino Priority is the most important thing.
@MrDenata (1069)
Agree, just buy affordable phone @babino
@sabtraversa (13393)
Yeah, it's probably about that price here too. I got the "cheapest" in 2020 and paid €500. My father got the same model (SE2020) this year, discounted, it was sold at €350. I had a better experience with iPhones so that's why I got one, even if I could barely afford the cheapest. And it has to last for YEARS.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
The once I'm using right now o got it more than three years ago for 220$, not half bad, i want one with a better camera too. Enjoy yours tho !!
@sabtraversa (13393)
@Babino More than three years, that's awesome! Most of the time, iPhones allow for better photos because of the automatic settings, they seem to perform better with extreme or poor light conditions because of that. But then, iPhones are known to be perfect for "the lazy people".
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
@sabtraversa I'm lazy as well. In fact, I'm the laziest among all my friends but I'm still manage to be productive more than they are. All of that thanks to tools like a good phone and good apps.
@averygirl72 (32858)
My smartphone is only second hand from my sibling. My eldest sister have an iPhone. Why not try a second hand?
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
I do get second hand sometimes. And even second hand can be expensive.
@averygirl72 (32858)
@Babino Yes that's true so better buy a new one
@Jenaisle (6247)
The latest could cost around $200 to $300. But I would never buy it, I would rather buy land or a house on an installment basis. Or things that have practical uses. As long as I can call and text using my phone, then it's fine with me.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
Yeah you're right !! That's how it should be I guess.
No idea, I am not interested in iphones, I think they are over priced.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
I think that too !!
@sol_cee (31432)
Maybe you can save up for one?
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
I think it's more reasonable to save up for a car or a house than for a phone that I'll have to change within a year or two.
@yoalldudes (32682)
I am also thinking of home ownership first.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
Yeah i think it's a priority.
I know nothing about iPhones, I do not have anyone to call so I use Textnow a free service over the Internet through which I can call in the US for free and send messages, I have my Internet on my laptop and that is good enough for me, I hope you can make your choice.
@Babino (5828)
• Morocco
I've never tried an iphone too. But i use my current phone way more than my laptop. And I'm all about the camera of the phone so.. Whatever works for you.