My largest and best mango stolen

Raurkela, India
I am really upset that the largest and the best mango of my garden has been stolen. It was close to my water sump which I could see from my west side bedroom window. I watched it growing everyday. Most probably it got stolen in the afternoon as because of the heat we close all the doors and windows and go to sleep. I couldn't take a snap of it. I thought of clicking one after it got ripe but my bad luck. I am really getting emotionally attached to my garden and its fruits and flowers. The photo is of a small mango high above. The largest one was quite below it close to the banana plant.
It is heartbreaking as you had seen that beautiful mango develop and grow. It would have been nice to see nature's reward. Shame on whoever took that mango!
• Raurkela, India
You are right. God knows when these thieves will stop trespassing people's garden in our area.
@aninditasen I do not understand why people do that . . . we see it happening around the neighborhood too.
• Raurkela, India
@much2say The people around want things free of cost for which they don't have to work hard.
Perhaps it is from an animal like monkey stole it?
• Raurkela, India
No, I don't have monkeys in my area. Yes, we have street children who are thieves too.
@moonandstars (60575)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i know in my place, where i was raised, some kids would eat fruits but not all. i am sorry.
• Raurkela, India
That's true when children eat fruits. Here in my area it's sometimes the grown up who steal from other people's garden. I have seen it myself. People of my housing complex trespassing into someone elses garden.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@aninditasen yes. it is okay, if it's something of small amount but this, this is a crime, i feel.
• Raurkela, India
@moonandstars Yes, it's trespassing and viciating the society and environment.
@Gillygirl (47144)
• Sutton, England
Oh no, that is awful
• Raurkela, India
Yes it was.
@Gillygirl (47144)
• Sutton, England
@RebeccasFarm (67175)
I am sorry this was stolen and you watching it grow every day there Anindita. Curses to them who stole it.
• Raurkela, India
That was not a good experience at all. Let something happen so that the thieves can't steal my fruits anymore.
How awful! I would feel the same way after tending to my garden and watching my plants grow only to have a thief steal something special. I’m so sorry for you.
• Raurkela, India
That's right. You work hard and someone else gets the benefit. That's not done.
@Sojourn (13296)
I hope you get another big mango soon.
• Raurkela, India
Thank you. Hope the smaller ones grow into big ripe ones.
• Jakarta, Indonesia
it's okay, take a breath for a moment calm down, think maybe someone is so hungry and needs it, then you have given one happiness to someone. Maybe you can write something on the tree trunk like "no stealing, you can ask me and we'll share it together"
• Raurkela, India
Yes, your suggestion and assumption both are worth appreciation. Now the mangoes are placed too high to be stolen.
@franxav (12939)
Sorry to know it was stolen. Those devils are everywhere. I have a plot of land with banana trees. My banana bunches have been stolen more than once.
• Raurkela, India
Are you into banana farming? Then you have to employ someone to look after the farm.
Now, that is a bummer. I wonder if you could put a security camera or something on your garden? Of course if it happened in the middle of the night..that wouldn't really help.
• Raurkela, India
It didn't happen at night as I have appointed a security guard for night watching. It happened during the day when I went to sleep closing all the doors and windows.
I would be upset also. Hope no other will be stolen.
• Raurkela, India
That's true. Thanks for your good wishes. Hope it comes out to be true.
• Nairobi, Kenya
someone was felling very hungry that day
• Raurkela, India
May be but some people have the craze of stealing especially children.