Defiance of law has reached its height in India

Raurkela, India
NHRC has registered a case no. 1094/18/34/2022 on the complaint regarding ANINDITA sen gupta. - HRCNet,NHRC This is the case that was registered on my behalf by the National Human Rights Commission of India against the municipality of my city ( Rourkela Municipality Corporation RMC). This case was registered because the present RMC commissioner has defied the order passed by his senior colleague in 2018 which was to build a proper drainage system that would drain out both rain water and sewerage water from unauthorized land close to my house. The drain though started in 2021 has been left incomplete near my house giving me no justice. Therefore after several complaints to the RMC I was bound to file a complaint against the RMC to the NHRC( National Human Rights Commission) of India who have registered a case against the RMC but look at their defiance, they are still sitting tight without completing the drain. Isn't this defying the law? Maybe the Russian president has preached this as he defied the International Court and continued his war with Ukraine. Has anyone got the right to harm anyone's health and property?
@jeets03 (7568)
Yes, it was not right for RMC to not complete their job even after you filed a complaint. However, it is unnecessary to bringing out Russia and Ukraine in this topic. These are international issue and without knowing complete story we can not blame anyone just because we think we are and our thinking is correct.
• Raurkela, India
I think all of us have watched the reality in different news channel. That cannot be denied that Russia has trespassed into Ukraine illegally. No doubt the country was declared as an war criminal by the International Court. Where my matter is concerned let me see what effect the NHRC's notice has on the RMC.
@jeets03 (7568)
@aninditasen Every news channel has their own agenda. What they want to show, we see it and not what we wanted to know and they show it. They can even make you a villain out from no where. Here we need to think before we decide and come to any conclusion according to any media news. War of Corse not a solution to any dispute and it should be the ultimate decision. However, why a war happened it is we who should look into it instead of depending only on news media. Look into your matter, you got threaten and feel danger because of incomplete drainage and registered a complaint. You could have easily avoided it and have a long wait to get it completed without troubling yourself. However, you decided to take on to RMC. What here I mean to say that there is a limit for anything to accept in our life and for that we need to take strong action.
Maybe you can get the media involved. Here there are programs that will take the consumers side, if an authority either governmental or not is doing them wrong. The offending entity doesn't like the exposure and will correct the problem in an expedient manner.
• Raurkela, India
The media had come and relayed it as a news item in their news channel ( Argus News Channel), the RMC officials did come to the spot and promised to complete the drain but they are lying. The Commissioner gave a statement to the news channel that the tender has been passed and the drain will be completed soon. In India now top level officers and politicians lie to save the situation. How long can you run after them. The only solution is filing a case against them and that the NHRC has done on behalf of me.
@aninditasen Yes, I guess you will just have to wait and see now I guess.
• Raurkela, India
@snowy22315 Yes, getting justice is a long process in India.
17h
I hope in that case something will be done soon.
• Raurkela, India
9h
Hope so. It's a long drawn battle.
• Midland, Michigan
No they don't have the right but they do have free will and many don't care about the rights of others.
• Raurkela, India
9h
When they don't care you have to force them using the law of the land.
It is defying the law. Is there a higher somebody you can lodge a complaint to? I agree, no one has the right to harm a person's health and property.
• Raurkela, India
I can file a criminal case against the RMC in the court of law. I am waiting for the result of the case registered by NHRC. If nothing comes out I shall register a criminal case.