Our Money is not Enough for All Our Wants

By Arya
@yoalldudes (32944)
Sure it can cover our basic needs and that is something I am happy about. But for everything else it is never enough. But I have resolved the following years I will end my insecurity over money and spend all my bonuses and splurge. This would mean I have to work and report to office most days of the week. There are just some days that I my mental disposition is so disoriented I might get hit by a vehicle if I force myself to go to work. I will also accomplish nothing in the workplace. I want pretty things, little trinkets here and there lol. Mostly I want a percentage to stock up on food and supplies for when sit hits the fizzy. I just want to enjoy life and if that means consumerism so be it. Shopping is fun!!!!
If I had your email I would show you my closets. I am well stocked in a way that almost nothing can run out. But I did that to protect myself. Now that I have all that and my deep freezer is packed. I am hustling to save. to say I could save first was hard and now my two cars are on the front burner with everything I have. Get your desired trinkets but at some point get back to saving.
@yoalldudes Oh yeah you have to.
@yoalldudes (32944)
@sharon6345 How many years' worth of body wash and dishwashing liquids can you store without risk of them of getting spoiled. Do they ever get spoiled or unusable?
@yoalldudes (32944)
Oh that is my goal Shay to stock up. In my mind it just makes me feel more secure. I am glad you mentioned it.
@ptrikha_2 (40193)
Well, somehow that seems to resonate with me! At times, Financial challenges makes one feel to cry alone, coz nobody else understands. It wasn't always like this for me, but I think a few things started drifting too much at certain stage. I have managed to pull back but at times, managing home and work combined and mainly financially can be so mentally draining! I have found that watching Travel Shows, Sports, Movies and interacting on mylot helps me. These are my stress busters. But hopes for a better life don't go away !
@yoalldudes (32944)
A good thing is we are capable of earning income. So let's hope it stay that way. I believe you are way younger than I am so if you save little by little you can build a nest egg for the future. And yes it is good to take advantage of technology and the internet to help us in life be it coping with stress. I'm glad you have found your hobbies and things you enjoy online.
@ptrikha_2 (40193)
@yoalldudes Plus I am figuring ways to get out of things and if not fully, at least reduce their impact. Yet it's not that easy at times.
@ptrikha_2 (40193)
@yoalldudes Well, I am working in that direction. As the saying goes "Better late than never".
@rsa101 (36110)
Spending extravagantly is not at all bad, especially if you know it won't drain your savings or finances. I discovered that occasionally treating yourself is necessary in order to enjoy what you've worked for without going overboard. Like we did over the previous long weekend, we used some of our funds to go to places we don't get to often. After that, it was back to reality and saving our money.
@yoalldudes (32944)
I am happy to know you did some travel and it you have enyoyed it. It is also a bonding time for the family. We do deserve a treat.
@db20747 (41319)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
2h
I love shopping. Credit could be your answer but beware! A second job or business might give you that extra splurge money.
@LindaOHio (108799)
If we want the extras, we must go to work and make the money to get them.
@yoalldudes (32944)
Ha ha that is true. I cannot deliver even 40 hours a week work, unfortunately. So I had to content myself with a little extra luxuries here and there. Sleep and rest is something I cannot forgo.