It's Wonderific Wednesday, Ya Beatniks! (MyLot Exclusive #1318)
May 31, 2023 1:37pm CST
Somewhere very near the top of my "Not To Do List" is "Take seriously all the many people who come to me and say, 'Sir, why do you spend so much time dissing nearly all regular Psychology and 100% of Pop Psychology and then do something as stupid as make a Not To Do list?" Because, in the first place, they are laboring under the delusion of a myth. I do not reject all regular Psychology. Or even most of it. It's a valid science and it has its place. Some people are helped by it and some people really need it---I'd mention some names in the latter category but Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, Donald Trump and many others already know who they are and I didn't come here today to embarrass them. What I reject is the marketing departments of the big pharmaceutical companies who have convinced so many Americans that they have to take pills because life is perfect and doesn't need to be fixed but there's something wrong with them that does need to be fixed. And their kids, many of whom are forced to take the drugs. Just for being normal kids and because it really increases drug company profits. As for Pop Psychology...Well, it's like country music. The 97% of it that's laughably horrible gives the other 3% a bad name ((Yes. You can say the same thing about Pop Music)). The point is, I like "Not To Do" lists and that's why I make them. They are a Reverse Bucket List---All the things you don't want to put in your bucket before you die. All neatly organized and enumerated on a list. With that in mind, let's go to 1967, and see what the Cosmic Universal Anthem Song Of The Month Club Song For Today is. Don't worry about finding the perfect mini-skirt. You know how you're always telling me, "Sir, I don't have anything to wear?" Well, this time, your lack of clothes pays off because you don't have to wear anything. We're going nude horseback riding. In Hollywood, in 1967, while we pretend we're in Coventry, England on Tuesday, May 31, 1678 ((The date The Godiva Procession was started, since we aren't really sure when the real Lady Godiva made her famous ride (Which probably happened in 1057)) and you'll be playing the role of Lady Godiva. Well, you'll be nude. I'm not in the song and I don't want to ruin the narrative, so I'll be wearing clothes. It works because most people want to see you naked and very few want to see me like that and I have plenty to wear. Don't knock it till you try it. After you try it, if you still want to knock it, just put it on your "Not To Do" list. And cross me off that thing. I don't belong there! ************** Peter and Gordon: Lady Godiva- Live.
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
3 people like this