Removal of Uterus and Ovaries due to Fibroids

Malaysia
I have multiple fibroids in my uterus and my gynae wamts to remove my uterus. I had two previous miscarriages and can no longer conceive. My gynae also suggested that I should remove my ovaries as well since I will no longer have menstruation. So it'll be like menopause. I need advice from someone who has undergone this surgery and what are the problems faced with "not-a-natural" menopause. Should I go ahead and remove my ovaries as well? My surgery is due in March 2007. Please help!!!
@mimpi1911 (25475)
i am sorry to hear that. Uterine and ovarian cysts are very common and curable. so u need not worry. wat has to be done has to be done, no second thinking about it, for the consequences of keeping the fibroids cud result in greater and may be severe physical conditions. u can't afford to put ur life at stake. so, with proper expertise, no need to shy away, go ahead, al the best. and as regards the other part, u have to accept the fact that u can not have child of ur own, its ur destiny and ill fate. but then u can have one thru adoption, nothing like it. give the child all love and care, u r one of those lucky ones.....
@mimpi1911 (25475)
my mom had the same when she was quite young. but she fortunately was without symptoms. however, some do face frivolous problems like mood swings,jittery nagging sensation and depression at times. the degree depends on the esteem nad general make up of the person. u gotta be strong with high self esteem and try to extend the thresh hold of pain and depression. be positive, that being the key word and be happy always...
@tanujarneja (2833)
hmmmm yeah go ahead with it dont play with your future