ALIENS and MEMORIES

@ossie16d (11826)
Australia
Memory Problems Three elderly ladies were discussing the trials of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator and can't remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich." The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down." The third one responded, "Well, I'm glad I don't have that problem; knock on wood," she raps her knuckles on the table, then says, "That must be the door, I'll get it." ATTENTION ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE, BUT YOU WILL ALL BE SAFE, I'M JUST EMAILING TO SAY GOODBYE
@feralwoman (2199)
Good one! Sounds familiar that bit about standing in front of the fridge ... :) Well, the aliens didn't abduct me!!! I'm still here LOL
@ossie16d (11826)
I know just what you mean feralwoman. Thanks for reading and responding. :)
@claudia413 (4284)
Thanks for giving me my laugh of the day. I always forget why I went into a room...was it to get something and, if so, what?
@ossie16d (11826)
Oh dear claudia it does sound like a few of us might be in trouble, however as long as I don't forget who I am I think I will be okay. LOL Thanks for reading and responding. :)
@peizli (1000)
pmsl, that was great, thanks! The sad thing is I can really relate to it, I have put the kettle in the fridge before, lol! Guess I'll be seeing you soon then!
@ossie16d (11826)
Oh dear peizli that is a bit of a worry. First indication we had that darling m-i-l had a serious problem was when she put the 10kg bag of potatoes in the washing machine so nobody would steal them. Why 10kgs of potatoes we have no idea, as she lived on her own. :) Thanks for reading and responding peizli.
@caramello (4381)
Must admit pretty good one ossie! I can definately relate to the first two, the last one sounds like a bit of fun, shall just have to wait and see, if I can remember by then! One of mine is going to put the sugar in the fridge, but my excuse is that the pantry is next to it, and I'm sticking to it! lol
@ossie16d (11826)
Yes, age does catch up with all of us sooner or later but hey if people didn't move the pantry and the fridge there would be no problem. LOL Let me tell you a story caramello. Our son used to say "bats in the belfry" about people who used to forget things and then "bats in the belfrey but the bell is missing" when whatever it was could not be remembered at all. This was generally relating to his father and I - rotten child. LOL Then his grandmother was diagnosed with dementia and started to go down hill. Not long before I had been diagnosed with a medical condition. So I told "the child" he had to start taking care of things of he would end up the same. Respose "oh well, by the time I get it, I will have bats in the belfrey and the bell will be missing, so I won't know will I?" There just was no comeback to that one. :)
@caramello (4381)
Your right, there is no comeback to that one, and having worked in aged care for many years, I used to think "I would hate to be like this" but a majority of the time they new no different, so while we may laugh now at our little memory loses, all turns out okay later one way or the other!
@caramello (4381)
Spell check- new----knew!
@caribe (2465)
I can relate to the memory problem. It seems the older I get, the worse my memory gets. For example, I looked at this discussion and thought I had already responded to it. If I did, it must have been one of those times that I lost my internet connection. I find that working on puzzles, quizzes and things like that are really helpful to my memory. I thought the joke was really funny though. I have two pairs of reading glasses and sometimes I will pick up a pair and when I am no longer using them, I push them on top of my head only to discover I already have the other pair perched there sometimes. LOL
@ossie16d (11826)
One of the problems with aging is that we do forget things caribe, but I hope I don't reach the stage where I remember what happened the first day I started school in 1956 and forget if I had eaten today. LOL That "trick" with the glasses is mine except my glasses are for different things which probably makes it a little worse. Yes, they say that reading, doing puzzles, quizzes etc does help keep the brain ticking over. Thanks for reading and responding caribe and I have given you a positive for this response. Admitting that we sometimes forget certainly deserves it, and alas I can only give out one best response per discussion. :)
@nana1944 (1367)
As always Ossie, you did really well. I enjoy your discussions so much. I can say truthfully Iknow what i tis like being taking care of Alzheimers patients. It is frustrating to know there is not really anything for them that you can do. They would be sent from the nusing homes to the phych ward I worked at to see if we could get meds adjusted. Recently I heard a joke about forgetful people but...I forgot what it was.
@ossie16d (11826)
Rose dedicated to Alzheimers/Dementia - Alzheimers/Dementia Rose
You are right that there is nothing we can do to assist alzheimers and dementia sufferers, except make them as comfortable as possible. This is one disease that I would like to see much more research done in. Mum darling m-i-l suffers from it and is in a Nursing Home specifically for aged patients and the ward she is in is for dementia/alzheimers sufferers. Thanks very much for reading and contributing.
@sherinek (3323)
First one I knew already. But the next is a good one. Thanks for the daily dose.
@ossie16d (11826)
I am so pleased that you read and enjoyed these sherinek. Thanks very much for responding. :)
@sweetie88 (4559)
• Pakistan
Thx. for telling another good joke. Keep on spreading smiles on our faces. Have a nice day!!!!!! Best of luck for future!!!!! May God bless u and to all of us too!!!!
@ossie16d (11826)
I am pleased that you read and enjoyed these sweetie88. Thanks for responding.:)
@ishavasyam (1802)
Hello sir...that was a gr8 one...truely funny...
@ossie16d (11826)
I am pleased that you read and enjoyed this. Thanks for responding. :)
@Bunny2 (2102)
Bunny2 - Bunny2
When I started my first job after university, there was a lady there who used to contstantly say, "Why am I walking around here aimlessly? What was I going to do?" and I laughed with her and wondered if I'd ever get like that. The answer is yes! And I find myself walking around the kitchen saying,"Why am I walking around here aimlessly? What was I going to do?" LOL. I anticipate that it will only get worse...
@ossie16d (11826)
Tis a sad thing to realise that we are sounding just like the older people from our youth, isn't it Bunny? Actually tonight we were watching the 20 Greatest Comedy Shows on TV. For years I have told our son that I was "Mother" from "Mother And Son", and it came in as # 3. I had a laugh but darling child informed me that he is looking around for a place for me already - out of Broome somewhere and he is going to be living on the East Coast. LOL
That first one was funny. Thanks for posting...
@ossie16d (11826)
I am pleased that you read and enjoyed these. Thanks for the response. :)
@flowerchilde (12534)
Those were both very funny! Unfortunately I can relate to the memory loss a little, which is why I can't remember any jokes of my own to post...
@ossie16d (11826)
I can relate to not remembering too flowerchilde, but in my case I just tell my husband and our son that it is there fault. LOL Thanks for reading and responding. :)