Bagels or Donuts?

Do you prefer donuts or bagels?
I prefer bagels! I loooove cream cheese like no other. Donuts are OK I guess.. but bagels are the best. I also like english muffins! I probably wouldnt care so much about this topic if I wasn't so hungry right now haha.
haha..hungry drives me to the food threads as well. I don't do english muffins. The smell makes me sick. I can't explain it really. I also don't like how they are kind of powdery on the outside. Is it flour or what? lol
@loved1 (5336)
I used to like donuts until I took a job at a convenience store years ago. Part of my duties were making the donuts at 4:00 am. By the time my shift was over for the day I was so saturated with the smell of grease and frosting I couldn't stand it! Now when I smell donuts it brings back memories of that crappy job. I much prefer a nice freshly made bagel with some of that yummy cream cheese frosting they usually serve on the side. It is even better with a big cup of strong coffee. There are so many varieties of bagels to choose from these days! I try to make it an occasional treat though, because they are high in calories.
@catmint (628)
Definitely donuts! I like bagels' lovely sheen but they are tough enough to give me a toothache *wince*
@minerc (1373)
I prefer donuts. Only Dunkin Donuts though I am picky, My favorite are the blueberry donuts or donut holes. I don't care for bagels. I buy them my kids love them with cream cheese. My favorite breakfast is cereal though.
@Bee1955 (3885)
I like both, but give me a chocolate eclair anyday of the week! The custard filling and who doesnt like chocolate? - LOL!
@happygal68 (3277)
I like them both. I have the doughnuts once in a while, apple or cherry filled ones are so yummy. I have the bagels here in the house and I usually toast them lightly and mix up tuna to put on them. I like the soft bagels the best.
@lilaclady (28236)
Donuts every time, especially if they have pink icing, its a pity they are so fattening, I love them.