curly hair

im quite shy about oing out with my hair loose, coz i have curly hair, and i feel a bit insecured to those who have straight one.. i have tried going to a salon to straighten it but it just comes back after a month or two.. need you advice regarding this... thanks
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
If your hair is curly why not try to go with it. How long is it? If it is on your shoulders or lower you will look great with it hanging loose. Wash it and dry it with a diffuser and a styling aid such as mousse. Push a lot of it to 1 side and "voilla" you will look great. If it is not curyl enough for this effect try getting a soft perm. It is really easy to look after. I'm envious for you hair. If we could swop, I would.
but my problem is instead of having a good curls, mine is wavy and dry,. the things they put in my hair whe i had it straightened damaged it so bad that i don't want to entrust my hair with them anymore.
@gknott (936)
I think this is funny because my hair is very straight and I won't go out the house without curling it! Don't you agree this is funny?? I think curly hair can be made very beautiful using gels to shape and style before drying so that it doesn't get frizzy. I have seen some of the most beautiful hair styles done with woman with curly hair, just have to learn how to use products to style it.
heehee, well i think that's the irony of life,. i was seriously planning to get my head bald and all but i was thinking where can i hide for a little while so that no one would see me how i looked like. hehhehe, coz the salon really damaged my hair, instead of having really cute curls, i end up having waves and dry hair.