TRANSFER into PERFECTION

Many people believe that both the Old Testament and the New Testament are applicable at the same time in our time – the Christian era. This is not wholly true. The Ten Commandments and the so many laws, statutes and ordinances given by God in the Old Testament pertain to the Israelites – God’s chosen people. He brought them out from the land of Egypt; He separated them from other people. The Israelites were all alone in the wilderness when God gave to them His commandments which are specifically addressed to them. But these are the shadow of things coming which are fulfilled in the New Testament. God shows to us physically what is going to be in the future. The Old Testament does not mention at all about everlasting life except the blessing of Abraham that all nations will be blessed which is being fulfilled in the New Testament. What God promised to the Israelites is the land that God will give them – the land of Canaan, and that they will be a great nation, both of which were fulfilled in the Old Testament. May God bless all of us. SEN
"This is not wholly true." Sometimes we are really mixed up, we don't know which is which to believe.
@luzamper (1360)
The title is inspiring. We are not at all perfect in the beginning but we can improve. The Old Testament is a shadow of the things coming which were perfected in the New Testament. May God bless you.
There is really a mix-up and there are many people who are still confused including me.
@birthlady (5613)
I am curious, as you translate from Greek to English, is there a vast difference compared to texts which have been in the past translated GreekLatinHebrewEnglish? I quickly looked at your profile, and at your webpage. Here is a link to my website, Auntie Natal 911: 9 Months, 1 Purpose, 1 Goal: Healthy Mothers make Healthy Babies! http://www.auntienatal911.com I am very grateful that you are doing this work! Thank you!
I have not found any substantial difference. But I notice that the existing versions seem just like to avoid using the same words and so they use words which sometimes look funny and sometimes go out of the context which in effect mislead readers to understand what God really wants to convey. To be sure that I do not change the Word of God, I translate it PLAINLY - the Greek word to its equivalent English word. I found out that the result is exciting, grammar is perfect (except some words added for grammar pursposes especially linking verbs) and the Word of God is really sweet. I have already translated the New Testament and the translation is entitled THE WILL New Testament (Greek to English). I have also published GENESIS & EXODUS (Greek to English). Anybody may compare them with the existing versions to see the difference. May God bless you. SEN
@ilunice (947)
• Netherlands
I seem to have a different opinion about this subject. The bible (the old and the new testaments ) is a complete words of God. The old testament is not applicable to isrealites alone. It is applicable to all spirit filled christian in this world of darknes. When jesus was talking to the Pharisees and Saduces, He said He has not come to this world to abolish the laws (Ten commandments in particular) but to fufill them. He then went further to summarised the whole commandments into two (matt 22:36-40). Suffice to say that both the old and the new tesmants are ever relevant to everyday living. Remain blessed in God's love. Amen.
I have started a topic entitled The Ten Commandments, etc. where I asked a question if you believe that the commandments are not for Israelites alone. Pls do be patient to go to my Profile and respond to that question so that others may see and comment. Thanks a lot and may God bless you. SEN
@manong05 (5029)
I see your point but I would not dare say that the OT is no longer applicable in our day. Some laws perhaps but to say that the whole OT is not applicable, to that I don't agree. In the first place, what's the point of translating it then. Yes,early laws were limited to a certain local context and doesn't necessarily have a universal application reaching as far as the Christian Era. Events in the whole OT are shadows of things to come and is still and still will be profitable for godly Christian living. Many parts of the NT are better understood when viewed in the light of OT. Millions of people have been comforted by the Old Testament book of Psalms, and to say that the OT is no longer applicable is a bit uncalled for, don't you agree?
@lucy02 (5017)
Thank you Sen. Your posts are very helpful to me. God bless you too.