How does this site make any money?

@tiamat (114)
United States
December 20, 2006 12:00am CST
So this site currently has approximately 47,000 users. Lets say half of those users make ten posts a day. If my lot were to pay those users $0.01 per post, that equals a loss of $235 dollars per day, or 85,000 dollars per year. Even if they paid $0.00001 per posts, thats well actually only 850 dollars per year. It still seems sketchy though, where is all of this money going to come from I have seen hardly any advertisements, If they want to sell the throwaway email address I gave them to a spammer list, then they can go right ahead. Unless of course I have been duped....Has anyone actually recieved a payment from these guys?
3 people like this
2 responses
• Pakistan
20 Dec 06
do you see the adds on every topic below and at the top. My lot is making money from them, They keep the 99 percent of the profit and giving us the remaining 1 percent. So according to your reckoning the 235 $ per day is the one percent of what they make per day. Now i think that you must be satisfied.
@tiamat (114)
• United States
20 Dec 06
I'll be satisfied when I get a check in the mail. Have you, or anyone you know actually recieved money from this site? It actually makes sense that a site basically giving away free money would draw a lot of traffic, and thus it's advertizing space would be quite valuable. so It would be possible I suppose to pay us and still turn a profit.
1 person likes this
@annieroos (1846)
• United States
20 Dec 06
You get paid through paypal.. once a month on the 15th.. Good luck..
@bronie123 (4589)
• United States
20 Dec 06
i have been paid 12.23 this month you have to open a paypal account to get your money though
@annieroos (1846)
• United States
20 Dec 06
I just got paid this 15th.. and i think everyone gets paid for what they post. and how much they post..