If you were in this position, who would you save? Mother or child?

I remember once, being told by my own mother that were she in a situation where she had to save either myself or her mother, she would choose her mother. Now I love my grandma more than life itself, and I don't think her life is of any less value than my own. But I have to wonder.. could you really honestly make this decision so easily? Would you let your child die so you could save your parent? Not to at all suggest the elderly are worth less than the youth, but they have lived longer lives- the young child has their whole life to live, right? Are you willing to cut a life short? What would you do if you had to make a choice?
@krizz420 (4387)
This is a really a hard one. I think I would save my mother though as well.
So if you had to rescue somebody from a burning building, and you could only save one, you'd save your mother?
It's a no brainer for me. I'd save my kids.
if i had to make a choice i would definitely save my mother...as she was the one who supported me thrioughout my life....brought me up and helped gain this position...here the decision should not be made seeing the lenth of life...but still this is a tuff decision.....
SO no matter if your son was a year old, 5 years old, 10 years old, you'd let them die?
@vanities (11409)
• Davao, Philippines
if im going to make a choice?? it depends really ..i will ask first the dr. if who has the greater chance of surviving ..if its the mother then she is..or the way around...
I'll ask you what I asked the last poster. If you were in a house fire and could save only one person on your way out - you only had time to rescue one person- you're saying it would depend on their health? You wouldn't have time to ask a doctor. ;)