Boils under the arm pit

United States
September 27, 2006 2:54pm CST
How would I get rid of boils
3 responses
@Tripod (105)
• Philippines
18 Mar 07
You have to take boils very seriously as this could cause a condition called Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). Have your physician identify the type of bacteria, if it's staph aureus, then you'll most likely be treated immediately because the condition can be fatal, although TSS has a low fatality rate you want to make sure. There's a procedure called "incision and drainage" which will most likely be performed to rid out all the bacteria in the faruncle.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
• United States
19 Nov 06
I get them on my thighs moe than my arm pit. But the doctor told me mine was caused by low Iron and I had to take Iron pill day for 10 days. That may be the cause of yours I'm not sure but i would have a doctor look into if i was you. My sister-in-law gets them regularly she says on various parts of her body. I don't really know what causes all boils to form maybe a clogged pore or and infected hair but i hope you get relief because when i had one under my armpit it made me very uncomfortable and hurt to move my arm.
@MINDY0882 (2304)
• United States
27 Sep 06
U can talk to your doc and they can give you a cream to put on it. they have realy gotten bad this past year, my 8 year old had to get one cut out , it looked so bad to see her go through that then she got at least 3 more but luckly they didnt have to do anything to those the anitbitics and cream worked. If it is bad you need to go ahead and go to the doc. they can be serious. my moms brother in law was parilized from the waist down from one he got on his back. so please dont let it get bad,get to a doctor . u need to wash everything that comes in contact with it, sheets in hot water sanitize your tub ext because if u dont that germ will just keep getting on you causing repeats of them