Are thoughts things?

@Shar11 (419)
It's been a big topic of discussion these days on the internet.. The idea that our thoughts can effect our physical world... That our thoughts contain a form a real energy that may actually attact circumstances to us as well as repel.. Oh boy, when I began to pay attention to some of the little things I say to myself on a given day, I was quite shocked at how much of it was negitive. I always considered myself a positive person, who looks on the bright side..But it happens so quietly that I never really noticed... I now have made an effort to moniter my thoughts more carefully..And you know what? I do see an improvemet in my life...
@soul0629 (95)
Yes, I believe that Thoughts are things. Every action is originated from our thought. Therefore, it is so important that we focus on the positive and quickily shift away from the negative. The world is the refection of our thought. I remember a quote from Earl Nightingale:"We become what we think about." How true!!
@Shar11 (419)
I agree...I also like the quote that says..Change your mind, change your world... I was thinking of one solid example of a thought effecting something physical.. You ever think back on a bad experience? Maybe something hurtful you went through..As you are thinking of this, reliving it only in your mind, your physical body is reacting!! Your pulse may speed up, your stomach cramp, you may begin to sweat and even cry..Know of this happeing now, but your body doesn't seem to know the difference...Just something I was thinking of after writing this initial post... Thanks for replying :)
I used to think this, but I am have a hard time with it lately. My fiancee and I fight almost every day lately, and no matter how great I sleep, how many times I tell myself in the morning to wake up and let this be a GOOD day... it usually isn't. Perhaps thoughts in my subconcious rule my physical world, and I cannot control those. Alas. The whole "remember something painful/happy/angry": I think that is just learned response to stimuli we know exists, not the thought itsself.
@lizeri (533)
Yeah, I can also sense this. Sometimes, what we can be thinking right this time may be the opposite of what is really running in our mind. Also, when I think of positive things, there is something that bothers me. And yes, that's it! I can sense that the opposite happen in the end and there was a time that it becomes true. Then in the end, I feel disappointed, but I forget it instead. I don't know why. In turn, I tend to think neutral for if you keep on thinking very seriously on one side, for sure, it will just give you an anxiety that will result on the opposite outcome.
hello, yes i know for sure that thoughts are things based on observation. for example, years ago i worked in an extremely negative work environment and harbored negative thoughts about my job and coworkers. i made myself sick with my thoughts. during the time i worked there, i contracted pink eye, stomach flu, flu several times a year, flu+bronchitis, etc. after i quit that job because i got another one, i have not been sick in more than 2 years. besides affecting one's being, thoughts can also affect ones's environment. when i was a child i lived in a gang infested neighborhood. once when the gangs were standing too close to my apartment, i asked the universe in desperation to please remove these people from this area. i didn't get any answer but later on the police rounded up all the gangs and for the remainder of the time, no gangs hung out in my neighborhood. i don't know if this was a coincidence but i sure was grateful. so yes from observation i think all thoughts are things.