Gumbo

@mzbubblie (3839)
One dish I love my grandma to cook for me is Gumbo. I have had a few recipes to making seafood gumbo. Thus far this one is the best adding my own little extras. http://www.cooksrecipes.com/soup/louisiana-style_seafood_gumbo_recipe.html. Do anyone have any good gumbo recipes?
@coolcatzz (1587)
OK stupid question here. I've heard of gumbo but never had it and don't really know what it is. How does it come out?? Like a casserole or what?? I'd love to know. I noticed your link has Louisiana in it so is it a Southern type food?
@mzbubblie (3839)
It's like a seafood soup in other words....lol That's the best way I can describe it. Think of beef stew, but with seafood :)...lol
Thank you for this post. Well, if you like soup, I make either corn or yam soup the same. I put the corn in my vitamix with a little milk and a tbs. of butter. Salt and pepper. That's it. Add one slice of bread to make thicker. It is great.
@mzbubblie (3839)
Ohhhh..please post your recipe if you willing to share...That sounds good too and you sound like my kinda cook a southern cook....thank you for responding...