fun with kids

As I sit at home with my 3 young children something just crossed my mind, we don't do much together. I complain that all I do is yell at them. Why don't I use this time that I cannot work to be a special part of thier lives. Maybe crafts, reading. Does anyone have any suggestions.
It's so easy to fall into that pattern. I used to find myself wondering what to do with my kids. Then I discovered cornflour. It is such a relaxing activity and my kids would sit for ages playing with it. Just mix some cornflour with water and place it in trays and let them play with it with their hands or give them spoons and cups. Although it is messy it cleans up in no time. Also home made playdough. 2 cups of flour 1 cup of salt 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar 4 tablespoons of oil 1-2 cups of boiling water, just keep adding to get correct consistency. Place it all in a saucepan and heat it up while constantly stirring it. It makes great dough that lasts for days. Your kids will love it. You can also add food colouring, glitter or food essences to make it different. Get a garlic press, some knives, plates etc they will play with it for hours. It is really good for developing their fine muscle control as well. I hope this has helped. Good luck!!
thank you very much I think I will try it