Gas Boycott

So many times I've heard people say oh we should boycott gas and not buy gas for a couple of days. But nothing ever happens. Why is that? I know I could easily go for a day or two on a full tank and not have to buy gas. Now if everyone in a given state, or country did that all at once that would be something. But it seems as though that everyone isn't dedicated enough to do something that simple. Does anyone think there could ever really be a successful gas boycott?
@heatherc (398)
I've read about "National boycot _insert_gas_company_here" (usually Mobil) days, however it doesn't really work...if you are on empty, what are you going to do? It's a reality of life...got to go to work to make money to live...got to fill the car to get you to that place.
Yeah I realize you have to drive to work and stuff that's why I would think everyone would go fill up to the brim the day before said boycott and then they could drive for the next day. I drive from about 50-100 miles a day at my job and when I fill up it lasts me at least one day if not into the second day. I think it could be pulled off.
@dynaweb (168)
I am boycotting Citgo. It is owned by Hugo Chavez, a sworn enemy of the USA. http://citgoboycott.org
@tohot666 (300)
no way. It is vital for alot of people to drive to there destination and the gas tycoons know that we need that gas. They would just laugh and wait for people to pull up needing gas.
@KrisNY (7591)
No- I dont think it would be possible. I do not think we have any way to tell that many people not to buy gas on a certain day- I dont think the gas companies would much care either-- You need gas if you drive a vehicle.. Regardless if you do not buy it 1 day you will but it another- The only way it would work is to boycott say Sunoco and go to a different station all together-- or any other station. This might work with that certain gas company bringing down the price to get people to buy from them. Then again you would have to get the word out to everyone and how oculd you do that?