the lethal nod

scientists in china say that have developed a new way of predicting earth quakes by observing the erratic behaviour in snakes.experts at the earth quake bureau in nanning,in southern guanxi province monitor local snake farms via 24 hours internet video links.it is said that serpents can sense a quake from 120 km away up to five days before.
@rhinoboy (2129)
When I first seen this I thought it was rubbish, but it actually makes some sense. Earthquakes happen due to tension and stresses deep in the ground, which snakes may detect as they are very sensitive to vibration. Watching their behaviour alone is hardly scientific though. They should have scientific siesmographic monitoring equipment, so they can properly see what makes this change in the snakes behaviour. Otherwise it could be that a tasty looking rat ran by and got them stirred up!