bond with Grandchildren

@linda345 (2661)
My granddaughter is one year old and the love and bond I have for her is so special. It feels so different than what I felt for my kids. Not that I love her more than my kids but she lights up my life and my hubbys. Now my hubby has never had any biologal children just my kids (step kids). Can the grandparents out there help me understand this one?
It's hard to explain, as I think we all feel it. Maybe because the bond is unconditional love, with no responsablities attatched. Or, that this creation is because we created another being.
@linda345 (2661)
Myself and my husband just finished putting her to bed. She gives us a kiss each and she makes a clucking sound now when she gives a kiss it is so cute. She started walking yesterday.
@gabs8513 (48708)
Linda I am not a Grandparent yet and probably won't be for a time, but I have heard from Friends that there is a special Bond with them. In you Case it is probably because your the Way your Kids treat you and have been treating you, of course the little Girl is special because she shows her Love for you. So enjoy it and love her back like you do.
@linda345 (2661)
As I am up here on the computer I can hear my husband downstairs playing with her. She is so special, I love her so much.
@coolcatzz (1587)
Haven't got a grandbaby yet but I know how I'll feel. I watch my sister with her two grandchildren and she just loves them so much. I think the reason your love for them feels different is for most people when they have their children they are in their 20's or early 30's and are still struggling financially and working to get everything paid for, etc... but when you are older and have grandchildren your life is more settled down and you have more patience and enjoy the company more. I think too it's always in your mind that it's nice to see them come but it's nice to see them go. I know many a grandparent that live by that saying.
@sanell (2113)
that is wonderful I know that my mom feels the same way about her grandchildren, especially the bond that my girls have with her, it is like no other, I mean they do not have the bond with any other of their grandparents thta they have with my mom. I love seeing it and so does my husband. I know that I will be the same with my grandchildren.