Can you advice my friend on that

January 17, 2007 1:34pm CST
My friend is 27 years. She is keen to have a child but some medical problem is there for which she is on treatment. She is being cursed by her parents in laws for that and she is gradually moving into depression because of her subfertility. I have tried my best but she is changing dramatically. Can u give suggestions how to help her out. It would be kind on your part.
2 responses
@drashima (225)
• United States
17 Jan 07
I think she should just distance herself from her in laws. main thing is , is her husband supporting her or not? if he is then he should take a stand and support his wife. and nowadays there are so amny options like IVF, adoption.
@judyt00 (3504)
• Canada
17 Jan 07
I think that her best bet would be to stand up to her mother-in-law and tell her to mind her own business. I understand that in someculturestheonly purpose ofa wifeis to bear many nchildren and be the servant of the husband's mother but her infirtility is not her fault and she should not be punished for it. She must get her husband to side with her in this issue. If he does not, I'm afraid she should probably ask for a divorce since he doesn't care for her any way.