got a cold sore, help!!!

@Jemina (5779)
I just got a cold sore and it looks ugly. Worse thing, I am a discussion leader in my class on Monday next week. What is the best and fastest way to treat this? I have to get rid of this before Monday. just can't face my classmates when I got sore on my lips. My bf will not want to kiss me too :-(
@shogunly (1406)
• Libya
Hi Cold sores (or herpes labialis) are caused by Herpes virus , they are associated with colds and upper respiratory infections . Usually they are left to resolve spontaneously ,however Acyclovir gel can be used to hasten recovery (Acyclovir is an antiviral specific for Herpes virus )
@shogunly (1406)
• Libya
I hope your cold sore got better !
@Jemina (5779)
it's gone now. thanks.
@vanities (11410)
• Davao, Philippines
try consulting a doctor for that matter ..he surely can help you...
@Jemina (5779)
Thanks, Vanities. I was desperately looking for a fast, real fast way of getting rid of it. But it's gone now. Hope it won't come back anymore.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I have to get chap stick for mine or vasoline. I get them myself.
how did you heard of mt. apo? your not from the philippines right? are you a mountaineer? ever been to the philippines?
@Jemina (5779)
I'm pinoy and I'm from Palawan but currently residing in Thailand. Not much of a mountaineer but I've been to Mt. Makiling 2x and other mountains in Benguet. Too bad I didn't get a chance to hike Mt. Pulag when I was there. I also failed to hike Mt. Banahaw when I worked in Lucban. But yea, I want to be a mountaineer. I'm looking for companions here in Thailand.
@kavita23 (2996)
i will tell u a book name in u found cure & get ridof this problem with in 3 day "cold sore in 3 day " by sara harestad. get well soon & best of luck.have a mylot day.
@Jemina (5779)
Thank you. I wish I could find it in my library here.