Taxes if you work online

United States
January 19, 2007 3:24pm CST
I have just started looking for the sites to be able to work online but what i need to know is how does this work with taxes? Do you have to claim this as a job? How do you know what to do?
1 response
@sedel1027 (17860)
• Cupertino, California
19 Jan 07
If the company you are working for is US based and you make more than $600 thorugh any one company, they should send you a 1099 form which you claim on you taxes. I believe if you make more than $600 pear year (double check the IRS site because I think this amount changed) you have to file taxes on any earned income. If you are working online for yourself, you can either pay in every month or save up a portion of your earned income and pay any owed taxes at the end of the year.
• United States
19 Jan 07
Oh thank you so much!!! I had no idea of how it was supposed to work.