kid setting up own party without our permission

@alecs76 (657)
my daughter's 10th birthday is coming up. my mom found out that she's been giving invitations to her friends & classmates for a party without our knowledge. she didn't even asked us if we're going to have a party or just to celebrate her birthday. we're on a tight budget right now and having such party is definitely not on our list. i don't want my kid to feel disappointed but what should i do?
I understand how you feel, but what she did was completely wrong and you need to make sure she understands that. Otherwise you will continue to have these kinds of problems. Once a child thinks they can get away with something, they continue to do it over and over again. If my daughter had done that, I would let her know what she did was wrong first. Then I would tell her that we weren't going to be having a party. Then I would make her call all of her friends that she invited and let them know there's not going to be a party. I wouldn't, however, make her tell them why. Embarrassing a child is never a good punishment. It really depends one how you think you should handle it. But if you aren't finacially able to have a party then don't. Above all, remember a child should never be rewarded for something they did wrong. Good luck! I hope it all works out for you!