Photography: That Clicker Thing

United States
January 28, 2007 10:46pm CST
I am wanting to get a new camera and I want one of those remotes that you can push and make the camera go off...without having to actually touch the camera. I've been searching camera stuff online but can't find what it is called.
1 person likes this
4 responses
1 Feb 07
its called a shutter release/ use them when your camera is on a tripod, so the image isnt blurred at all
@Pigglies (9336)
• United States
31 Jan 07
I think it's just called a remote. I just sold a camera with a remote. My video camera also has one. And my fancy camera you can buy one on Ebay for like $50. I'm waiting to buy a really really nice camera and then I'll probably get a remote for it. I use it sometimes on my video camera.
• United States
29 Jan 07
They're called remotes or cable releases. Get your camera first, and then check the instruction manual for what kind of cable release it requires. Canon has it's own type, but I think most other brands use a standard cable release.
@craftwave (1338)
• United States
29 Jan 07
I have a remote with my canon video camera. As far as I know they are just called remotes.