Pain in Child's Leg, Mainly at Night & Question about a Bar of Soap,seriously

@catherIN (430)
My 2 youngest daughters occasionaly complain of pain in their legs. It's not always the same leg.Sometimes it's the thigh.Other times it's the lower leg. It usually happens at night. Strangely,it happens more often before a storm or big change in the weather.This has gone on for around 2 years.But, like I said it's not every night. We usually handle it by making sure they get their leg covered up and warm.We also wrap their leg with an ace wrap.Most of the time,the pain passes soon after.Rarely, the pain will bother them enough that we give them some Tylenol. Two of my grandkids also experience this.I don't remember any of my older children going through this. Do your children go through this from time to time also? How long has it or did it go on? My husband swears that he read an article on a study of people that experienced leg pain.He says according to the article people got relief by simply putting a normal bar of soap next to the leg.He doesn't remember where he read it. This sounds hokey to me.I can't see how a bar of soap would help.Has anyone else read anything about this? Where?
im not sure how old your daughters are, but i remember being young and having leg aches alot. my parents just figured it was growing pains and left it alone. As i got older, the aches continued and got worse before it rained or during the winter. Im 26yrs old now and i still get bad leg aches sometimes. Im really not sure what it is but it will get so bad at times that if i walk much, ill get sharp pains through out my legs. My legs usually ache from my knees down, but sometimes its higher up. im not sure about the bar of soap thing, but i might have to try it!!! the only thing that helps me is taking something for the pain or soaking them in a hot bath, but the pain meds help for longer than a bath does.
@catherIN (430)
One will be 6 this month.The other will be 9 next month. Do you think you have the pains as often now as you did as a child? I can't figure out the soap thing. I wish my husband could remember where he read it. If you try and find it works, please let me know.
ummm....i think i had the pains more often when i was child-teenager. I would be in tears over it and on the days it happened, going to sleep was impossible w/o taking something to knock me out. they are less now that im older, but still hurt pretty bad when they come about.