Seek Medical Advice To Reduce Weight

@hopeful28 (1439)
Singapore
I was thinking that many of us have tried weight loss pills, books, layman's advice, meal replacement shakes and all other 'helps' advertised by companies cashing on people who want to lose weight and lose it quickly - maybe we should just forget about all that and seek medical advise. Since all of us may have different health problems it may not be wise just to grab any advice and act on it out of desperation. I've tried all the above but I feel that maybe it's time to see my doctor about it and since she knows my medical history I can better trust her advice. What do you say?
@mobyfriend (1019)
• Netherlands
You are right. It definitely is a good idea to see your doctor first especially when you want to lose a lot of weight. The docotr can refer you to a nutricionist (dietician). And with an advice of a doctor a good gym will use that when they prepare a traingsprogram. And of course some weight problesm are realted to diseases like tyroidproblems.
• Netherlands
Big excuse btw for the typos.
@rainbow (6763)
I used to goe get weighed by the nurse every 2 weeks and would come away feeling good until i got a different nurse and hadn't lost half what I ihad been told I had, boy was I fed up. They don't really give you any better advice and the slimming tablets made me ill so they took them away. The more weight I lost the higner my blood pressure got until in the end I was advised at 4 stone overweight to stop trying as it was making me ill. No further help given. Go to the Dr they'll try to help you