Mega Bloks or Lego?

@freak369 (5059)
There is always a debate over this so I want to see what everyone else thinks! Mega Bloks cost less but Lego pieces are made of better plastic. What's your view on this? Lego competitions are strict too, if there is one non-Lego piece in the design, it is automatically disqualified.
@kelly60 (4548)
For young children, it has to be Mega Bloks because of the choking hazzard. For the rest of us... Definitely Legos. Us big kids can really have a blast playing with the Legos. I've never been in a competition, but I have been known to compete with my kids a time or two.
@freak369 (5059)
Competitions are a blast and there are a lot of adults there getting in on the action. Mego Blok does make regular sized sets these days and they have been taking a bite out of some of the Lego popularity because of the price. Even so, Lego has so many themes Mega Blok can't afford like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Bob The Builder and SpongeBob.
@rjbass (1424)
I personally love legos. I grew up with them and mega bloks weren't even around when I was a kid. But now that I have children of my own, I think that because they are young (3 under 7 years old), mega bloks are more appropriate. They are easier for them to handle, link together, and build things. The individual pieces are also large enough that my youngest can't fit it in his mouth.
I am a Lego fan myself. I have issues with copycats ...LOL. I resent that Megablocks copied Lego so blatantly. I also find that Megablocks break a lot easier, which is frustrating for the kids.