My Deductions Series, Eppy #2. Vampires

Disclaimer: I decided it'd be cool to get some real information on 'creatures/monsters' on mylot, since there seems to be very little of it. Note this series is ONLY what I've believed I've learned..though I'm sure if you've dug around as much as I have that you'd find my logic as well. So everytime you see 'My Deductions Series' in the title of one of my discussions it means I'm going to write a nice looong bit on whatever the subject happens to be. You're warned. People who want to learn read on! Feel free to ask any questions of challenge my views. But no arguing. Remember, debate is good and arguing's bad. Okay..lets start with the world's popular image of a vampire. Do they have abnormally pale skin, drink people dry? Have to sleep in their native soul..hate garlic, find the sun untolerable? Are they born or made? Well, as much as the common myths and legends are fun, the vampire is really alot less sinaster as most people paint him. In fact vampires they're alot more human than you'd think. Well..at least most of them. There IS a nasty little creature which the paranormal books describe as a 'vampire' but I prefer the term leech better, since they aren't human..but I'll refer to THEM later. Our Vampires -- which is what we'll call them for lack of a better word -- breathe, have hearts which beat, and were fortunately or unfortunately born the way they are. They have ambitions, hopes, dreams, and bleed just like the rest of us. And most are very nice people. Some of them do however crave blood. Since everyone's different it seems, some need it and others don't..picking up the energy they need to sustain themselves via energy -- be it human or otherwise. These people are NOT to be confused with people who have the talent of drawing off of others' emotions or energy. Those people don't tend to need the energy at all..and they do it for fun, or simply because their personality's the way it is. Some don't even realize what they're doing and can't control it..but more often than not they know exactly what they're doing. You might wish to surf the web for 'psychic vampire ethics' or something else of the sort to give you an idea about it. Our vampires however, have a tendency to need this energy..whether its in blood form or it's less tangible one. The only logical explaination for this that I've seen is that their souls were damaged..somehow disconnected with the universe's constant supply of energy so now they have to replenish the energy themselves. This doesn't make them bad people it just makes their needs somewhat unique. Some people do this to themselves on purpose. But once it's done, it's said that it can never be undone..and throughout time, if you get reincarnated it'll follow you. Most people though, had no choice about it..and many wish they weren't the way they are. No matter what many of the younglings think though, vampires can and often do live completely full and normal lives. As far as we can tell, it's not genetic. It's definitely not a disease..someone can't simply catch it. But they can, not find out what they are for years..though commonly most find out when they hit their teens. Now, it's been more and more common for 'psychic vampires' to exist rather than the ones that need blood. Psychic vampires are the ones that require pure energy..some of them may like blood, but they don't NEED it. These guys too are all different. Some can only pick up energy from people. Some can pick it up from anything..plants, animals..whatever. This might be because we live in different times than we once did..a psychic vampire can go out to feed and no one will notice..because he doesn't have to PHYSICALLY -do- anything. Which helps greatly with their survival..especially since the humanity's never been very forgiving to those who are simply different. Yes, generally they are a tad faster, stronger, tougher than regular people. But not superhumanly so. They are fast healers, but that doesn't mean a cut will heal before your eyes. VERY few of them have an aversion to sunlight by being photosensitive. But alot of them feel more akin to the night than the day..being predators. Some love or hate garlic but this has nothing to do with the legends of it being poison to them. Because as with alot of herbs..it's an aquired taste heh. Native Dirt? They don't have to. It's only a romanian costum..so they always have a piece of home with them..but since our vampires aren't ONLY from romania you can clearly see that this is another false myth. Pale-ness? There's plenty of darkly tanned ones. They don't kill people. They can't make someone be like them..there's no 'turning' anyone. To stress this point ONCE more, they are human beings. Made up of the same stuff the rest of us are. Now..what're Leeches? These things are spirits. They too were human..once. You see, there's many layers to death. Our body has to die, our spirit's body has to die..etc, etc..ghosts are spirits which have somehow managed to stay even though the rest of them has died already..usually due to some confusion that they're truly dead. Leeches stay on earth even if they're dead ON PURPOSE. Usually they were someone with considerable occult knowledge in life..and decided before or after death that they simply didn't want to leave. This requires a good amount of energy though..and going against the flow doesn't grant them to stay..so they latch themselves onto others..usually sick or dying people and they take whatever energy they can get. Because they need it to stay. Not all Leeches are bad though..some are fairly helpful..latching themselves onto a certain person or family and absorbing any bad energy which is put out or sent their way. This helps considerably when they're sick. So..there you go. A brief synopsis of Vampires. I hope you enjoyed the reading.
@Willowlady (10666)
An interesting read and one that I have heard. The whole idea of monsters have come from people's minds. The things that go bump and the imagination runs wild. There are all sorts of unigue things around us if we just open to the possibility and the wonder of it all.
Yep, yep. It's rather sad most people'd like to discount things completely..but in my mind, if we open up to the more 'supernatural' things, the more things make sense. Thanks for responding.
@sensesfail (2251)
REally cool article.I liked it alot.It was totally different.But my mind kinda refuses to believe the leech thing.I guess its because i'm a naturalist.But i believe in God.
*quirks a smile* And how would Leeches NOT be natural? Sure they go against what they're supposed to be doing but that doesn't make them any less natural. Honey, plenty of people who believe in God also practice magick and deal with spirits similiar to Leeches all the time. The word isn't all black and white and fitted into neat little categories..I really wish it was, it'd make things a hell of a lot easier. But I won't tell ye what to believe. I'm glad you liked my brief synopsis.
yeah great stuff up there.Anyways no issues right?
No issues. You'll never find me fighting over beliefs unless someone yells at me for mine lol. So no worries.