With regards to mylot is having friends really beneficial?????

@coolcatzz (1587)
I have 2 personal friends in my friend list. One I joined under and 1 that joined under me. Now I get copied on anything either of them start. Now my question is do having friends help you at all. I have had so many people request it but I don't want my inbox full everytime I sign on. Tell me what you think?? If its a good idea then how do you pick and choose.
@linda345 (2661)
The reason you get copied on what either one of them started is because under the the notify, you have turned it on. I find it benifical to make lots of friends. I have the notify on for all of my friends. I don't necessarily answer all discussions because it maybe something I know nothing about. First I was accepting anybody as a friend. Now I look at their profile but I still usually end up accepting them anyway.
@arunk7319 (1282)
Yes It is always better to have mylot friends who keep responding to your discussion. I have some friends who have given the personal mail ids for whome I have send some referral. But better to delete the friends who never respond to the discussion, bcoz mylot is should work on give and take policy where u respond to ur friends and ur friends should respond to u. Not only that u can also some permananent friends too.
@patgalca (15918)
• Orangeville, Ontario
You need to accept as many friends as you can. They will respond to your discussions and boost your ratings and earnings. You do not need to have them all come to your inbox. Go to your friends page. Next to each friend it gives you the option of turning on or off the notices being sent to your email. I only have a couple being sent to my inbox because I like their conversations, but I have about 50 friends so far. When someone requests to be your friend, the best thing to do is look at their profile, male or female, age, where they live, their interests, and what their response rate has been like to their posts. When you accept a friend the option for inbox notices is OFF until you turn it on. Accept more friends and you'll do better here.
@freesoul (3022)
• Egypt
It's good to have some 'mylot friends' here but only if they will go to your discussions and respond to it, I add all those who request it then delete many of them later on because although I respond to their discussions, it seems they don't want to do the same and only want to build a big friends list just to 'use' their friends.. it's good when you have good friends because your discussions will get some responses anyway and non will end up with zero responses.. As for the inbox, you don't have to turn on the notifications, I only check at "Discussions my friends started" and find all my friends discussions there .. you can only 'turn on' your personal friends and check on the other online :)
@maribel1218 (3085)
Hi coolcatzz sorry for my late respond been busy with some law class stuff. I have the same problem with you coolcatzz there are lots of friend requests that I got and since I was new then I thought that it was good to have more friends but I barely see the importance of it when I'm a month member and only find out few are answering my posts and I have more than 300 friends oh! where are the others lol!! But I just turn the notification on to my friends who posted credible answer and started a good discussion so I have to hard time to find a discussion to post. I think you shoud really select good friends to turn on the notification email and trimmed the lists of your friends list who are inactive.
@mzbubblie (3839)
I don't know that much still about Mylot, but it's always good to have friends who posts and also respond back to you...I get friends requests all the time, but normally I wait a few days to see if they will post. Also, I don't dare turn on my email to alert me when someone post because I would have tons of emails..I just turn it on for the people (like yourself) I know will respond to my topics... :)
I am choosy with my friends. I don't accept everyone. I want friends that reply to my posts, and I will reply to theirs. I also want to beable to understand their English. To have common interests, or a enjoy their style of posts and response is another thing I look for. I removed over 800 friends once. I don't need my mail box filled with someone that I never converse with. But, each to their own thoughs on this.
@weemam (13377)
I have only been here a few weeks and I have accepted all the friends , I have about 150 but only a few true friends . my true friends always respond to my discussions and me to theirs , they never let me down , this results in having no discussions now with 0 responses , It is so nice because I feel as if I know these true friends so well now , I LOVE MY LOT xx
I pick some friends for what they say and stuff I will want to responds to. I think the reason for freinds on MYLOT is that they will check your questions and you will check theirs and support each others out.
@manong05 (5029)
I have quite a few friends in my friends list that I can say beneficial. They always post discussions which I can comfortably respond to rather than hop from one page to another looking for a good discussion. They also respond to my discussions. However, a greater number of them don't even respond at all, not even once and I'm not actually sure why they asked to be friends in the first place. Yes, having real friends helps a lot and the more they are the more exciting mylotting will be.
@LittleMel (14033)
I find them beneficial in terms of sharing moneymaking sites. I was disappointed with mylot but now I got over it since I join another forum too. Now I'm here only 2 hrs or so
@villageanne (8554)
I have alot of friends but I do not know any of them personally. I like having friends who have the same interest as me. I always comment on my friends discussions and they do mine. I am going to go through my friends list tonight and delete the ones who do not comment on mine or who have not been active for a month.
@mamashane (1140)
The first place I start when looking for discussions is "discussions my friends started"...alot of people do this and if I'm on their friend's list then they will see my discussions and hopefully respond to them. I only pick friends that post worthy discussions so chances are that I'll find a good one to respond to.
@shywolf (4519)
I believe that having friends on the site is one of the best things about being here. Not only have I met some great people, but having some friends on my list who I know start really good topics of discussion is what makes it easier for me to get through at least 30-60 replies in a day without going crazy trying to trawl through the entire site looking for something great to reply to, lol! I think that I've saved hours by having email notifications turned on for a lot of friends who I know start topics that I'll be able to reply to intelligently. ^_^
@suedarr (2382)
I think it is very helpful to keep a friends list here on Mylot. My friends discussions are usually the irst one's I check on now as I know I will usually find good discussions that I might actually be able to contribute to. Also many of my friends in turn will add to my own discussions. Cheers!
It is good to have a selection of friends who share the same interests or who put on interesting discussions. I always accept anyone who wants to be my friend and I will answer their discussions. However, if they do not have any intention to respond back I will delete them as I cannot be bothered searching through discussions my friends started and their posts dominating the search. These friends, when I check their profile usually have over 200 friends, so it doesn't matter if I go or stay. I have made a few loyal friends who always take time to respond to my discussions and I do the same. I look forward to your new discussions and thanks for responding to mine. Cheers!!