Have you ever been STUCK in an elevator??

@lpetges (3036)
i hate elevators! once when i was little i was stuck in one for about 30 minutes... i thought i was going to die..from now on its the stairs!
@Bee1955 (3885)
Elevator workings - gears
There was a Tortilla chip commercial where these people were stuck in an elevator and were sharing the chips and dip talking about how late they were going to be as they wait. They made a picnic on the floor and got to know each other better telling their rather sad destinations, sharing the chips. Thats what happened to me 25 yrs ago while I was stationed in Germany in an office building being renovated and the power was shut off accidently. I had just shopped for my lunch and a few others had, too, (There were 6 people, including me). A voice from the speaker system announced in German it would take 30 minutes to fix the problem and not to panic. I translated for the other 2 Americans onboard and we all sat down in our uniforms and business suits. I took out my bag of salted pretzel sticks and passed them around and the rest took the cue. I made many new friends that day having our smorgasboard lunch and still write to 2 of the Germans and one American. The 30 minutes? It was really 2 hours and we never noticed.
@lpetges (3036)
i think i would have noticed!2 hours is a very long time!! no one in that elevator must have had a phobia for being so closed in.
@hopeful28 (1439)
I have a phobia of taking elevators too because I have been trapped in one several years back in a cargo lift. But, thankfully it was for less than an hour. However, I can't avoid taking elevators because I live in an apartment on the 12th floor. I hope it will never happen again for me!
@lpetges (3036)
its funny that out of all of the things that happen to us everyday, that being stuck in an elevator, never leaves your mind!
@SageMother (2277)
Years ago I was working for the blood bank and one of the other workers got their coat stuck in the door of the elevator. Of course the elevator stopped and was stuck between floors. Everyone started making noise and yelling which was pretty stupid. We had no idea how much ventilation there was and it would have been smarter to be quiet and wait. After that I DID take the stairs when I was withthat bunch of co-workers.
@lpetges (3036)
stairs are my way of getting up and down. Sometimes the stairwells can be a little scary too. strange people hanging around them.
No I haven't. I can only imagaine how scary it must feel!! lovemycats
I have been stuck in an elevator, I was terrified. I was in the Sears tower in Chicago , on a field trip as a 7th grader. We were at the top looking down and once we were finished we had to go down in the elevator a couple people at a time. Well the group I was with, decided it would be funny to jump all at the same time to stop the elevator! And yes, it did work. We were stuck in the elevator a while, everyone thought it was hilarious except me. Lol, stairs for me too.
I have a bad experienced on elevator also. I was nine month pregnant that time. I went outside of our office to buy food to eat. Then I take the elevator but suddenly the light is off and the elevator stop. It is so dim inside and I stay there for almost 30 seconds. Luckily it open. I was so afraid that time especially that I am pregnant. I was afraid I can't breath.
@lpetges (3036)
that had to be scary.. its even more so when the lights are out.
@melanie652 (2525)
I've never been stuck in an elevator. I don't like elevators anyway. I don't like the idea of being in a small confined space. I prefer to take the stairs whenever I can!
@lpetges (3036)
better exercise too!
@Neo_Knights (1887)
No I haven't and I don't want to. I have seen this thing happen in the movie. It was so scarry.
@ILANEDRI (1922)
• Israel
I didn't got stuck in the elevaot, but I remember that one time the elevetaor went crazy. She started to go to the top floor, and then came down few floors, and it was really scary for my, and for my cousin who was with me.