Any body out their ever have toilet problems?

@Carrie26 (1587)
We moved into are house that we rent and do not own.When we first moved in we had problems with the toilet running all the time and that ran the water bill up.Well we fixed the problem.A couple of months later are toilet was leaking.SO we were told it was leaking around the seal of the back toilet.We got that fixed .Well I had just finished cleaning up the bathroom and I'll be durned I saw a trail of water coming from the toilet again.Well needless to say my husbands dad got tired of the whole toilet thing and got a whole new toilet.It was cracked in the back of the toiletWell we havent had it installed yet hope to get it installed this week.I told mhy husband if he wouldnt spend so much time on the toilet htis wouldnt have happend.HE HE .
@soldenski (2503)
Why would you fix it? It is the owner's responsibility to fix it or atleast give him the receipt's and deduct it from your rent.
@Carrie26 (1587)
Well the landlord wanted to rent the house out but didnt want to have to worry about repairs.We thought it would be like minor repairs but when we got into t he house it had alot more to it than that.We did have soem of the stuff deducted from rent of what we fixed up though.We have no lease that I guess was the deal of keeping up minor repairs.But I told my husband next time to not go into a deal like that.I would rather had a lease and they could fix the problems.