how do you doodle

@shelagh77 (3643)
We all make silly drawings when we are bored. What type of doodles do you draw and do you know what they are supposed to mean? Do you prefer to doodle in pen, pencil, crayon, or does anything go as long as you can doodle?
@gabs8513 (48710)
I use whatever is handy to doodle with. And no I don't half the time what it is suppose to be when I finish, but it looks good. Well I think it does anyway, I mean come on sitting through a meeting Doodling, it just has to look good, doesn't it.
@mel_87 (856)
i reakon i get my doodling off u cos u doodle alot when your on the phone iv seen it lol mine is just triangles and scribble i think i dont know ill have to look when im at work what it is exactly lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
If you look at the discussion further up I put a link to a site that explains exactly what each doodle is supposed to represent, may make a good read for a giggle? I doodle when I am waiting to cut in a meeting lol. I prefer to be in the Chair, I can't doodle, but I sure can cut the boring stuff lololol.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol Sweet you probably have
@mel_87 (856)
most of the time when im at work on the phone i doodle dont know what it is but i doodle in pen i did it at school alot aswell when i was bored in lesson lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
Well you must have some sort of shape to the doodle, even if it is a scribble lol. You seem to doodle a lot, so why not have a pad and instead of doodling write down ideas for mylot discussions? You can still doodle around them for fun, but when you get back from boring old work you can put up some interesting discussions for the rest of us, that would be great!
@mel_87 (856)
nothing interesting happens at work really only me arguing with a collegue of mine who set me up over some banking so i got a verbal warning for it :-( iv never had a verbal warning in my life at work untill now lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
well think about it and turn it into a post about friends being a pain and causing you trouble! Jot them all down and entertain us. Chin up :-)
@rainbow (6763)
I doodle animals and buildings and patterns, it depends on my mood. I'm very good at it, I used to do a lot of art but my boys won;t let me now, they rip it up and throw it around so I give in. I spend a lot of time desinging the airbrushing for my campervan, if I ever get it, the my boys colour it in and it goes in the bin because it gets ripped.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Well, you are a multi talented doodler then! That is apparently unusual, because according to research people who absent mindedly doodle tend to stick to one type of pattern. Trust you to break the mold lol. However, I must encourage you with your art. You will just have to keep the artwork up there with the ornaments, above the doors. If you keep going with the art and sell some you could put it into a fund for the campervan, airbrush that, show the picture around and other people might ask you to do theirs as well. Your boys can't rip up a camper van, can they? Although, with children, you should never underestimate them . . .
@rainbow (6763)
Of course I'm unusual, thought you guessed taht by now, lol. That's a very good idea but I sort of think my art is personnal as I don't think anyone would buy it, lol - maybe for a comedy charity, lol. Perhaps I could get away with saying I was very ill when I did it? I was hoping to get a real airbrusher to do my magical campervan, I'm writing stories about her adventures, if I can get published I will hopefully have the cash to buy her. You should never underestimate my children . . .
@1983tyler (508)
I tend to doodle in circles. It usually starts out as a way to get the ink going into my pen - so yeah, I doodle in pen. I didn't know they were supposed to mean something.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Oh lol Tyler, the analysts can make some meaning out of anything, just for you I looked this up. http://drawsketch.about.com/cs/tipsandideas/a/doodle/htm It tells you everything you want to know about doodles. I doodle flowers!
shelagh77---I bookmarked the site you have hear. I get so engrossed on this site and lose track of time. I am a doodler when I am on the phone so it would be interesting what they make out of the shapes I doodle. Thank you for posting that site.
@shelagh77 (3643)
You are most welcome, what did you find out about your doodles?
@Lakota12 (42681)
I havent done that in years and mostly never knew what they looked like lol and I used to draw alot but havent donet tha in awhile either to busy here lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
I am very busy too, but I doodle when I am waiting to see the doc or otherwise bored. Usually they end up being flowers, even if I didn't set out to do flowers. They are not works of art though, quite a mess really lol.
I usually doodle hearts only because thats the best thing I can doodle. I prefer to use pen because it glides and makes my drawing look better.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Ah, that is very cute! Do you draw enormous hearts or lots of tiny ones, and are they very elaborate or heart outlines?