When love goes beyond simple romance......

Many people use Valentine's Day as the one special day to show how romantic they can be. It is fun to watch and I love helping people who are stuck for ideas on how to impress their beloved with their creativity. For them, Valentine's Day is almost a competition with them trying to out do themselves each year. When you are in a committed relationship, though, I think the holiday takes on a deeper meaning. It shines a lithg on our secualr devotion to our partner or spouse. It brings on that quiet and almost overwhelming wave of appreciation that cannot be expressed with fancy presents, massed produced cards, and cut flowers. How do you express your deep, abiding love for you spouse and partner?
at valentine day, my boyfriend wont giving me valentine present. and i upset by that. he say that its worthless and wasting money. he even say wasing time to be romantic and he also say that it was childish. im still upset by that.
@Bizziebod (3526)
Well I don't have a spouse or partner but I do have a teenage daughter. I tell her at least once a day that I love her and I will try and spend at least an hours quality time with her a week (I must say she's 17 and at college and also has a boyfriend - so an hour a week is all I get!) I tell her weekly that she can talk to me about anything and give her hugs frequently too! This to me show her that I care and love her and hopefully she can share her worries and fears with me and that's what love is all about!