Doing home works for your child - workload - effects education - suggestions pls

@SHINE333 (1284)
Do you do it for your when the workload is more and even the child workload becomes more. How far it will affect the child's education or will you teach it later.
@xelissa (777)
• New Zealand
I would not "do" it, but more "show" her/him how to. She will learn nothing if she doesn't do it herself, make mistakes and learn from them. Better learning something than getting something you know you don't deserve, and us as parents are responsible for this
I don't think you should ever do your children's homework for them. There is no problem with giving them help with it, but they need to do it themselves or else they won't learn anything.
@rachael5760 (2770)
• Israel
As a teacher, I feel very strongly that the parents should not do the homework for the child. Homework is givent to give the student reinforcement about the subject being taught. I let my own children get up early to finish homework that they weren't able to do the night before. They see me get up early to do lesson plans, so they see that the early morning can be a very productive time. If your child does not understand the homework, then talk to the teacher and say the homework is too hard. The homework is for the child, not you. By your doing it the child learns that you will do the work for them, and he/she doesn't have to put forth effort.