Has a psychic premonition got you into trouble?

@shelagh77 (3643)
My cousin had a fairytale wedding. All the men wore top hats and tails, the bride and bridesmaids were dressed as Edwardian Ladies. The Bridal car was a coach and four. Everything was absolutely out of this world and perfect. I was watching the apparently estatic couple and I said "this isn't going to last six months". I don't know where the thought came from but I wish it had not escaped from my mouth, as my date thought I was a really nasty and horrible person and said so for most of the evening. I couldn't explain why I said it but I was absolutely certain it would not last six months, in spite of every evidence to the contrary. The wedding was in August and the wife ran away with the milkman on New Years' day, so I was right, it didn't last six maonths. What on earth possessed me to come up with that conclusion in the middle of one of the nicest, most enjoyable and extravagant weddings I have ever attended, particularly as the bride and groom never left each other's side all evening and were apparently besotted with each other?
When things like this happens to anyone, there is no way at all it can be explained. I'm sure that making such a pronouncement did not even cross your mind, it just came out. It happens to me a few times. Neither had I wanted any of them taking place. There are times when they show up in our dreams or we hear somebody say something and it triggers the odd words off our mouth. At times, when the thing ouccurs in reality, a tinge of anguish envelops me. It seems it was a revelation so I can do something about it. But coming to my senses, there are some things where we cannot effect any change. Only those who are into it can. There was a time when I gave a friend an advice along the line of what may seem to happen, but it did not make any difference because she didn't take heed. I hope you get what I mean.
@shelagh77 (3643)
I agree, there is no control when these things just decide to enlighten you, is there? People don't take advice unless it is something they have already decided to do, in my experience. It is annoying when you truly see something but can not do anything to prevent what you see occurring, isn't it?
@gabs8513 (48710)
Why did she have to pick the Milkman, these poor Beggars have got a bad reputtion cause Women always run away with them or what ever, why not the Postman or Delivery Driver. Hmmmmmmmm does she know running of with the Milkman that the kids will come out Bottle white, well so I have been told. Oh ok I don't know why you had that thought, my Family didn't think my Marriage was going to last 6 months but I proved them wrong which I wish I hadn't now. But never mind lol I did it anyway cause I am a stubborn cow. I proved them wrong by about 201/2 years.
@shelagh77 (3643)
Well, he must have had something. The really awful thing was that my Aunt had got her a job in the same office where she worked. The atmosphere there was absolutely dreadful, I would not have liked to work there lol. It was really strange though as it was a beautiful, fairytale wedding and absolutely lovely, so what made me come out with that statement, I have no idea.
@mel_87 (856)
lol errm not what i can think of but knowing me yes i would of said something to get me in to trouble but then it happens lol
@shelagh77 (3643)
You need to open up your consciousness, not yet, but when it is safe for you to do so. You will probably find you are more intuitive later in life.
@mfpsassy (2827)
I have a habbit of thinking out loud too people don't tend to like it gee I have know idea why lololol
@shelagh77 (3643)
Do you have flashes of precognition, though, or deja vu?
@mfpsassy (2827)
No just a mouth that forgets to stay closed sometimes lolol
@shelagh77 (3643)
oh dear, that is most unfortunate for you. How do you ever manage to get people to tell you secrets? Seriously, do you ever find that what you say comes from nowhere and when you say it you wonder how you knew that?
@Lakota12 (42681)
it wss just something you felt there must of been just that one little thing that you saw that came out of your mouth lol I probably have done it but dont remeber one thing at the moment to tell ya
@shelagh77 (3643)
I bet I have started you thinking now, though, and that you will come up with some distant memory. The annoying thing is that it only works about other people. I have met some right sharks and mistaken them for cuddly dolphins!
This is what we call as sixth sense. Some times our sixth sense is so active that it can make predictions without our knowledge of the thing. It has no real supporting evidence which make us unsure of the happening of the event.
@shelagh77 (3643)
I understand about the six sense, but wondered if your sixth sense has got you into trouble?