Tanzanian Curried Chicken-Banana Soup

This sounds a little weird, I know, but it's actually quite good. Ingredients 4 Tablespoons peanut oil 1 3-lb. chicken, cut into pieces 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 2 Tablespoons curry powder 1 Tablespoon dried red chile, ground to a powder 2 teaspoons black pepper 8 cups chicken stock 1 large tomato (or 4 canned tomatoes), peeled and chopped 1 cup coconut, grated (DON'T USE SWEETENED!) 2 ripe bananas, sliced into chunky quarter pieces In a Dutch oven, brown the chicken pieces in the oil. Remove chicken, reserving, and add the onion and garlic to the pot. Sauté until soft, then stir in the powdered chile, the curry, and the black pepper and fry for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, stock, chicken pieces, and coconut, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. When the chicken is done, remove, let cool, then strip away the meat and cut it into bite-sized chunks, discarding the skin and bones. Add it back into the pot with the banana chunks. Simmer 10 minutes. When ready to serve, ladle into bowls. Serves 4.
@JJLoa44 (346)
It does sound weird, but I am intrigued. I may have to try this sometime. If I can convince the husband to try it :) Thanks!
My fiance didn't tell me what was in it until after I tried it. Awfully trusting of me... but I probably wouldn't have gone near it if he had told me ahead of time.