Do you think animal abusers should get heavier jail time?

I am so appalled with so much animal abuse and what infuriates me is that the abuser rarely ever gets any jail time or if he/she does,it's very little.Just because they are animals doesn't mean they don't feel pain.they are so innocent and there isn't a human on the face of this earth who is as loyal as an animal. they deserve so much better than what they get.I read an article in the paper where a guy got mad at his girlfriend and threw her 4 kittens in the fireplace -which happened to be lit! All he got was community service!
That's a horrible story. I agree that animal abusers should get MUCH more jail time. I'd be more upset if someone hurt my cats than if they hurt me. It's not my cats' fault if someone gets mad at me. Plus, animal abusers are often human abusers as well. Animal abuse is also part of what is called the "psychopathic triad." Children who abuse animals, wet the bed, and set fires are more likely to develop into psychopathic adults--people with no conscience. Animal abuse needs to be taken very seriously, both for animals' and people's sakes.
Yea,I know.If someone is going to abuse a poor defenseless animal,they are certainly gonna abuse another person and I don't know why the law doesn't consider that. I am like you,I would much rather have someone hurt me than my kitty or my birdies-even my fishies.They are not just animals or pets-they ae my children.
@kgwat70 (13392)
I definitely feel that animal abusers should be serving more time or paying higher fines for the crimes they commit against animals. I think the law is too lenient on these people and these people should also be banned from owning or being around animals. People should be punished the same way as if they were abusing people. That is my opinion on that.
Maybe if these animal abusers would start getting heavier fines/jail time ,it would sent an example for other would be abusers.I think what when people try to adopt a pet from a sheltr,their name should be run through a data base and if it's found they were ever convicted of animal abuse,they would not be allowed to adopt a pet.