Have you ever heard of The Fisher House?

The Fisher House is a foundation that actually provides home and shelter for the families of wounded veterans of war who are struggling with injuries now that they've come home. Many soldiers don't think about the fact that they can come home "injured" as much as they think they have 1 of 2 options... come home alive or die in battle. Fisher House is there to help the soldiers' families be close to their loved one while not having to worry about the costs of housing and even groceries. It's a wonderful foundation and a true blessing for those injured in war! http://www.fisherhouse.org/
@CRiley27 (984)
I have watched news shows profile the house. I think it's great for families. Kind of along the line of The Ronald McDonald House.
Yes, a lot like the Ronald McDonald House indeed!
thank you for this useful information
This sounds to be the case. Its asham that more shelters aren't open such as shelters like this to the public.
@coolcatzz (1587)
I was wondering if this was something newer because I had never heard of it before this year. I have heard reference to it on CNN. That is the least the country can do for fallen soldiers. The very least. But I am glad they have something in place.
@lauriefnp (5112)
I have never heard of this but the website is very interesting. This is a great service to our Veteran's and their families, and I'm assuming that more and more locations will be added soon. I am particularly interested because I am starting my new job at the Veteran's Hospital on Monday. We don't have a Fisher House here in Buffalo; the closest one is about 4 1/2 hours away. This is similar to the Ronald McDonald house. In Buffalo we also have a similar entity for people living with HIV/AIDS and also one associated with Roswell Park Cancer Institute. This concept is surely a lifesaver for families and patients alike.