The new age of super materials.

Malaysia
Levitating high-speed trains, super-efficient power generators and ultra-powerful supercomputers would become commonplace thanks to a new breed of materials known as high temperature superconductors (HTSC). - bbc news. We live in a truly super technological era. New inventions are being created daily. All these technologies have aided us to live a faster lifesyle. Do you feel that super technologies today have been more advantageous to you? Or do you think that you are not so favourable to them.
@tigerdragon (4297)
yes, i believe the these super hi-tech stuffs do makes our lives faster to the point that we become stressed out. in the long run these things are not aiding us. it only diminished our humanity.it is psychologically imperative that we have to slow down a bit but because of the so-called progress ,most people are left behind and they feel inferior .thus, it has a psychological effect on people that they are losers.for the fast burners , they usually ge burned out fast. nowadays, there are a lot of fast burners trying and learning to slow down.back to the old days where life is full.with the advent of so many technologies, people nowadays are only using the tools needed for their living but still trying hard to cope and control it instead of it comtrolling them.prsonally, i would rather live in a nice quiet island where everyone agrees to the fact that technology is not really that good.i just found one place here in the philippines and some of my friends live there already,but still they can't do away with the laptop.
What you said makes sense too. In fact, I am concerned about possible side effects. I mean none of the new technologies have been time testedd. I love to live on a island too. Especially, if they have broadband internet connections or wifi.
@lestat_m (377)
One of the engineers code: "Invent, design and do something new for the BENEFIT OF MANKIND". I do believe that new inventions and technology is created for our advantage. The internet, medicine treatment breakthrough & new high capacity data storage are some of the good examples. Of course we should never neglect some of the side effects but we still have enough time and knowledge to perfect all those deficiency..
@yanjiaren (9050)
Internet has definately been a plus for me but i would like tobe able tolive in a greener environment. Living in the city with not many trees is not helpful and i think technology should be an aid to nature and not averse to it. It should run side by side as a complimentary aid rather than a destructive one.If we could combine green technology with a healthy lifestyle ,then definately i will lookat technology as a big plus.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I think technology is good but I do think it is causing people to go faster and faster and forgetting to "stop and smell the roses". I think new inventions are helpful but we need to use them in moderation, not depend on them 100% of the time.