military spouses

If anyone else has a military spouse or even family member who is currently deployed over seas I'd love to hear from u. my hubby is in the middle east has been since Jan. and should be home sometime in May.
@carlaabt (3505)
My husband isn't overseas right now, but is expecting to go probably in June. They aren't absolutely positive that he will be going yet, but chances are pretty great that he will be. The deployment will most likely be to Iraq. The airmen won't know for sure until they get there, though. And my husband won't know if he has to go until about 2 weeks before it is time to leave.
I'll be praying He doesn't have to go!!!
@elisa812 (3032)
My husband is in the military. He actually just left for Iraq this morning! We're newlyweds and have only been married for a little under a month, so it was really awful saying goodbye to each other! I was talking to him on the phone this morning, and he was trying to keep me updated on the situation, but wasn't really sure when exactly they were going to fly out, and then he just eventually stopped calling back, so I assume that means he finally had to leave! It makes it so hard not knowing for sure where he is! He's supposed to be gone for a full year, so I really hope it doesn't get extended or anything. Anyway, I've been so depressed today since it's our first deployment since we've been together and I don't really know what to do, so when I saw your post, I was just relieved to see another military spouse! :) Anyway, I've gone on enough about it, sorry! It's always nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing and understands! Good luck with the rest of the deployment!!
oh am praying for u both I totally understand we've been thru many deployments over the years (been married 16) and I wish I could say it gets easier. I don't go to the air port when he leaves. We both end up crying and it's just not good lol if u ever want to talk send me a message I'll be there for u!!!!
@elisa812 (3032)
Thanks so much! Sounds like your husband might be getting close to retirement! That's great...my husband is planning to stay in until retirement, too. I understand what you mean about saying goodbyes at the airport! I wasn't actually able to be at the airport with my husband anyway since I'm finishing up school in Ohio and he's stationed in Georgia, but I know I would have been a mess! He kept calling to update me on when they were leaving, and he eventually just stopped calling, so I just assumed he had left...I think it worked out better that way cause we never actually had to say formal goodbyes! Anyway, thanks for being so nice! I'll keep you both in my prayers as well, and hopefully your next few months will go quickly!! :)
thank you so much and yes he has 1 1/2 years till her can retire but he's not sure he wants too so we will see where life has us then. am praying for you all also. I understand it's hard stay busy that's the best advice I can give u. You will find though u live for the phone calls and emails. Also stay in prayer. Cover your hubby with the blood of Jesus daily. my thoughts and prayers r with u!!!
@asgtswife04 (2482)
my husband has been deployed since last june and is on his way home now. i am so excited and can't wait to see him, yet nervous all at the same time because it's been so long since i've seen him. i'm sorry that you are having to go through this. it is tough, but us military wives are made tough to endure the times we are alone and worried about our husbands. you will be fine, you are a strong woman and he will be fine and home before you know it. if you ever need to talk or vent or cry on someone's shoulder i'm here for you. i know what it's like. this is the second time in four years that he's been deployed to iraq and we've only been married almost four years. your strong and just keep the faith. God bless