Are Kids And Teenagers More Narcissistic Today?

I was reading this article on CNN and I have to largely agree. Quite a few of students seem to have a sense of entitlement as if they're supposed to be given everything with minimal work. Appearance seems to be a bigger factor now than ever before. What do you think?....and do you think we've stressed "Self-Asteem" and being "Unique" too much?
@socorban (651)
I dont really think self esteem and individualism are the causes of the selfish behaviour of todays kids. Society as whole is to blame, ever hear the phrase "spare the rod spoil the child" While in some cases abuse is a factor and i am sorry for those kids, but for the most part parents dont influence respectfull behaviour to there children. ANother part of the problem is that children oftem mimic what they see at home and school. There are all to many young parents out there that still behave like teens and set a bad example for the children. Public schools are an entirely differant issue, school has become more of a fashion exhabition than anything, if you not rich your not anything. The main issue is kids are not being taught respect on a general level, respect for money, other people and so on. everything is gimmie gimmie gimmie and get lost.