how much money do you spend on a gift?

@rlporter (516)
For family? Friend?
@xbrendax (2668)
No more then 5.00, I am always broke and my friends and family know that.
For this you can shop at the dollar store. I know it sounds bad :). have you been to dollar tree? I love this store for my cleaning needs. It has lots of great stuff.
@xbrendax (2668)
Oh yes, it is my most favorite store! I can buy cheap stuff, put them in a nice looking box with tissue paper, wrap it in expensive looking gift wrap, add a delightful bow and the person thinks I got the gift at an exclusive, expensive boutque! And they really appreciate the gift too! Hurrah for the Dollar Tree! Thanks!!!
i try not to spend too much, as we don't have a lot of money to spend period...but i really did splurge for my neice's birthday (she's only 3!!) I spent $50 on her.
the true gift is the thought. I also know how hard time can be. I start my christmas shopping in august.
@ossie16d (11826)
It depends on what the significance of the occassion is. I will spend more for birthdays than Christmas on friends simply because I view a birthday as a 'special day' for that particular person. I only buy for close friends and for an 'ordinary' birthday, I would probably spend around $20-30 but a lot more for a 'special' birthday, i.e. 40th, 50th etc. For Christmas I try to limit it to $20 per person and I buy presents throughout the year, and particularly when things are on special so it isn't such a burden. With my family, husband and son, it all depends on what they want or need but the only limit is how much money I actually have available. :)
@rlporter (516)
That's a good plan! Thank you for sharing your ideas!
@tentwo67 (3384)
It depends on the occasion, the relationship and how much money I can afford to spend! Also, I am a bargain shopper so I try with varying success to give a gift that is nicer than the price might indicate.
@nanhegujral (4634)
i don't prefer spending much in buying gifts..
Prefer to spend it on yourself? :P
@BuffMom (2215)
for a friend about 30 or so more or less. family usually more
@rlporter (516)
Thanks!
• Luxembourg
It +- turns around $20-$50. But it also depends on what the person would like. It can also be much more! I think the most I spent was like $300 for a Valentin Day. Of course that doesn't happen every time! And usually, when it's that expensive, we use to make it coming from a few persons, so the person gets what he wants without being too expensive for anybody.
@rlporter (516)
Thank you!
@somesh1984 (1299)
it depends on the importance of the occasion ...it is aeoung $5-$10 usually in normal cases........
@rlporter (516)
Wow! What kinds of gifts do you get for $5?
@borg_queen (2535)
I can't afford gifts. Can you give me the gift of 'best response?' :D
hmmmmmmm........ i dont keep a record of that
20$ maximum
@dellion (6706)
It depend but my range was $100 to $1000.
@wavelander (1529)
• Portugal
It depends on who am i going to give the gift!
the money i spend on a gift depends on how much am i close to the persin to whom i am giving the gift usually friends about 300 and family 500 this is in indian rupees by the way
@easy123 (1486)
my family beter my mom frist than my fathar than my wife than my son
@ceddyboi (75)
if its family i'll prolly spend more where as for friends.. well if they are close i would definately wouldnt mind spending more but if they arent .. prolly like i'll spend max 10bucks or 15bucks
about 300.00 dollars on hoildays
500-2000..
i spend 20 dollars on my nieces and nephews and i try to give my sons 50dollars so they can get what they want. my family i make alot of gifts that was for my family. the gifts i make for them are about something that like or collect.
@Azita888 (315)
depends how much money I have, for my friend's birthday I gave her $25 gift card... I kinda broke now since I am gonna have a baby soon