new drug for migraines

I just started a new drug for migraines its called topomax and i'm hoping it works..I had a cerebral bleed jan2 and an mri showed a arterio venus malformation in the brain...the lesion will need to be removed soon but the symtoms and still affecting me greatly andyone else on this med???
@natrlvr2 (384)
I took Topomax acouple years ago.I have learned that nothing prevents any of my migraines and/or daily headaches.I have been trying since 1987. You spoke of brain lesions. My last MRI in 2003 showed that I have 4-5 lesions.But that it is normal for migrainuers to have these.Noone told me I had lesions.I read the medical report myself and confronted my drs.
wow how scary is it to see we the patients looking for our own brain lesions...I have 9 small lesions and the one large malformation and consider myself to be on theis side of the ground for sure...thansk so mush for your insight I appreciate the response cheryl
@emeraldisle (13145)
My sister was on topomax for a while. It did help with hers. It reduced them at least for a while. She was also on it because it's an anti-siezure medication and she was having tremors/shakes due to another medication she was on. It seemed to allivate her problems. Also it is known to cut the apetite, something to be aware of anyways. I hope it helps with yours to reduce them.
thanks so much for writing me back on this I have temors in my left side from a spinal condition so they are hoping the topomax does double duty and well the appetite lose would be a nice plus.. thanks hon have a wonderful day
@kelly60 (4548)
I have been taking topamax for several months now. It doesn't keep me from getting migraines entirely, but it has cut down the number and the severity of them drastically. I used to have migraines almost daily. Now I only get them once every month or two and when I do, they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. I hope that it helps you as much as it helped me.
thanks so much for the feedback hon I sure hope it helps i'm having migraines every 2-3 days thanks again Cheryl
@besthope44 (12141)
Actually i dont go for any medications, i get into room turn off lights and sleep in dark. That releavs best and also i use warm and cold towel massaging on the head and shoulders, that was best releaving.