custody of a child to whom?

mother's face - A face of a mother longing for her child for almost three years. No matter what happened the mother will find ways to find and get back her child.
March 21, 2007 1:59am CST
I am a mother of a three year old daughter. But the guy took all the rights from me of raising baby since I left our place to find work three years ago. Do I still have the chance to get back my child?
2 people like this
3 responses
• United States
21 Mar 07
yes, through family court of course. you have to be able to prove that you are financially stable and can provide the child with safe and appropriate surroundings. you might not be able to get full custody, but you should have a very good shot at getting partial custody.
1 person likes this
@KissThis (3004)
• United States
27 Mar 07
I would suggest that you contact a lawyer.I was once told that if a parent doesn't have contact with a child for a couple of years that they have commited abandenment.
• United States
22 Mar 07
You would have to go to court. You may not get full custody but you can get joint custady. Why now though after so long do you want to take you child back. Do you really think it is far to rip that child for the only home she knows with out and transition? Talk to him first about working something out. He may want you to hang out with the two of you for a while, but if you want to be involved you will do what is best for her not just what you want.