wearing eyeglasses

@ruelou (263)
March 27, 2007 2:35pm CST
I went to clinic, adviced me to wear eye glasses. The doctor said i have astigmatism. I am bothered. Is that a serious case?... is there a remedy to correct it or cure it other than wearing eye glasses. Do you wear eye glasses too. for, fashion or you really need it.
3 responses
@ltmoon (1008)
• United States
24 Jun 08
Vision can be corrected for the astigmatism with either glasses or contacts for most people. Some people can have their astigmatism treated with laser eye surgery such as Lasik.
• Philippines
27 Mar 07
Astigmatism is a form of refractive error where there is a difference in degree of refraction in different meridians...or in simple terms....the front portion of your eye which is the cornea receives visual information and focuses on different focal points causing it to blur. The cause of which is unknown though it is usually present at birth in association with myopia (nearsightedness) and hyperopia (farsightedness). A minor degree of astigmatism is considered normal and does not require correction. The most common symptom of which is difficulty in seeing fine detail either close-up or from a distance. Other symtpoms would be eye strain and headache. Small degrees of astigmatism do not need corrective measures. Serious conditions require corrective lenses (cylindrical). Laser surgery is not recommended for astigmatism.
@mansha (6301)
• India
27 Mar 07
I am sorry to hear about this here is a link for you to read more about your condition http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/astigmatism.htm I am sposoring a programme for vision correction, you can consult yuour doictor and ask f you can try it. its trial is free and you cna check it through my profile link. Get rid of your glasses and see if this can help you as I myself am using it and its really great and you can feel the difference in you vision too.