Da Vinci Code !

@deepti15 (1190)
The very controversial, but very intrestingly put up movie ( and novel by Dan Brown ) said that Jesus Christ and Mary had a family. Do you believe that this is true? Do you think its wrong to have a family line for Lord ?
@towongfoo27 (2989)
If it is wrong for the Lord to have a family line, then it is wrong for the rest of us to also have a family line (hint). I think people would not be able to consider Jesus as a flesh and blood father because we have been conditioned for so long to believe otherwise. Our belief system would come crashing down, and the mighty church would be outed. What beliefs would our society be based on then? Scientology? People already think they are immortal these days, so why not?
well i think the book is totally "CRAP". we know that JESUS is the son of GOD and all you non-believers out there u'll know this truth when the LORD returns in his GLORY!!!
i believe the book is true. past is testimony to the fact that many at times, rulers have tried to hide information which if released would have detoriated their position
i think its true why what do u think i belive in god do u ?
@samrat16 (2442)
Try this link http://www.leaderu.com/focus/davincicode.html Josh McDowell put together a short book entitled, "The DaVinci Code: A Quest for Answers." Brown's book will be easy to disprove. His research is awful, his conclusions are just plain wrong most of the time, his grasp of history is simply terrible, and he makes things up... remember... this is a fictional novel. Best of luck to you!
@socorban (651)
Actually Jesus did have siblings, but they were more like step siblings. Joseph already had kids before he and mary came to be. Da vinci was a devout Christian and he would be rolling in his grave if he knew what that dan brown did. If you actually know your history aside from blindly reading a fiction novel (Which the auther said it is FICTION!) There are many many inacuracies, the guy has dates off by over a hundred years in some places, people in the wrond time frames and areas. I suggest looking into the actual facts about it. Funny thing is what people cant seem to grasp is the author was setting himself up to be in this divine bloodline. That book is a fraud, aside from any biblical beliefs, it is so historically innacurate its repulsive.
i think it is very difficult to find out weather he had a family or not..but i feel it doesnt matter..if for someone lordjesus is sacred,he wl continue to be so in any case...
Hi, deepti15! I do not believe that. After what I have learned in the bible, after reaching my early 30s, I have learned that all the words written in the bible have happened, are happening, and will happen. Before all else appear to search for something in the universe, it is already written there. I trust the bible more than any other books. I remind myself always that whenever some news like this pops up, I thought of the verse that many things will be written about Jesus, about God but they are never true and will mislead people.
@EvanHunter (4028)
I seen a documentary on this subject most everything in the book is nothing more than a story. Of course there isnt much said about Jesus the man only Jesus the savior. I dont think it makes him any less if we look at him being flesh and blood too but I am sure alot would dissagree with that.
@MrBurt (49)
theres a different book thats pretty much exactly the same sotry as the davinci code but the author is completely serious and it's compeltely non fiction. the other try to sew the davinci code.
@hiveenu (521)
Hi, I feel it's ok for Jesus christ to have a family line of his own. In fact, it's interesting to note that only christianity reveres a bachelor (apparantly) but hinduism and islam portray their Gods as married men and with children. The idea is to instill in our minds that to be godlike, one needs purity of mind like our gods and nothing else. The furore that is being created after the claim itself is sufficient proof that there is something hidden. Otherwise, why shout and protest worldwide if somebody claims god to be married and had children, which is perfectly natural? I saw "last supper" after reading davinci code and it is true that the person sitting on the right hand side of jesus christ is a woman without doubt. And there is no chalice, as claimed by the author. And I cannot help but wonder why there was not a single woman pope in vatican to this date in all its history, which gives credence to the author's contention that they undermined women deliberately. It is also true regarding crusades and witch hunts. In fact, christianity has evidenced more religious bloodshed than most other major religions in the ancient times. But regarding the novel and movie, these guys actually speak differently. In the novel, opus dei and vatican are portrayed as if they are unknowingly caught up in the conspiracy hatched by the teacher, who is the true culprit. But the movie shows vatican and opus dei heads openly discussing villainy, which is disgusting. Also, the movie portrays as if sofie and sauniere are unrelated, only sofie as the bloodline and sauniere as an outsider guarding her, whereas in the book they are actually grandfather and granddaughter. Moreover, the movie doesn't conclude in the way that is written in the book with respect to sofie getting united with her family. All this goes on to prove that dan brown is inconsistent, and is hell bent on making a name using the theme and nothing else by not bothering about the changes in storyline between the book and the movie. Compare this with clive cussler, another author, who sued the producers for altering and truncating his story "sahara", tarnishing its content, sometime back. To conclude, it seems there is something fishy going on afterall from time immemorial, which dan brown conveniently used to make millions for himself. Thanks.
@mikawa (30)
It is completely possible that Jesus had a family. It cannot be discounted. They were after all two healthy human beings.. and maybe nature took its course. This book sold over 40 million copies and the movie I found was way too long and drawn out.