Will someone explain Blogs to me?

@estherlou (5017)
What are they? How do you make one? Is is just a personal home page? what makes the content a blog? Thanks for any and all information!
@charms88 (7540)
I'm fairly new with this blog thing too. I just started creating one of my own. You can place there anything you like to share or adding some online money making sites. But my blog is mostly my own personal writings. You can try blogspot.com to get your own for free. Hope this info help. :)
@kgwat70 (13392)
I too am new to the blogs and am not sure how to go about it myself or what to write about. I was going to create a topic about blogs myself. Thank you for the website so I can look at it and learn how to make blogs. It definitely seems to be the hot thing on the internet and people share many things, probably too many things. :-)
@ricknkae (1726)
I will be watching your discussion because I know NOTHING about blogs myself (sorry) , but thank you for starting the topic I had noticed that Mylot had added that new blog stuff and I was wondering about it ... because I don't know anything about blogs ... and I am not even sure about how to leave comments on blocks on mylot ... this new feature seems like a parallel universe to me ... and I am lost ...LOL
Don't worry, you won't be lost alone!
@naty1941 (2336)
Blogs are almost the same as journals. You can do an easy one with 360.yahoo, or live journal. Check my 360.yahoo blog at http://360.yahoo.com/nrosado41 - you can write about anything and everything, you can have photos and videos in it. Hope this helps.
@estherlou (5017)
I'm still not sure...looks like other people have written on your blog site, not you. I'm still trying to figure it out. Thanks for the help.
@howard96h (11642)
• New York, New York
Hi, estherlou, it is like keeping a daily journal/newsletter, it usually represents the personality of the author. You write in it daily and update it with new events. You probably did the same thing when you were young if you kept a diary. Blog is short for weblog.
@estherlou (5017)
And just who is going to read your thoughts? I've had trouble getting people to go to websites I've made before. How in the world do they get traffic to their blogs?
@myklaire (437)
according to merriam-webster blog/s means that is a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments and often hyperlinks provided by the writer. Blog is a word short for Weblog
@Swtrose (3399)
A blog is a website where entries are made in a journal or website style. There is an ability for readers to leave comments on your entries. Some bloggers use blogs as a way to record entries about their daily lives. Others use is as a place to record their thoughts. Your blog can really be anything that you want it to be. Here is my blog http://rosedesrochers.todays-woman.net
I don't know much about blogs either, so I appreciate the topic of your discussion. I do know that yesterday I was with my friend and she asked her sister if she had time to talk. Her sister said no, but you can catch up with me on my blog. One more thing to fear from technology! : )
@patootie (3593)
I have had to come and reply to this discussion even though I have no interest in the blogs .. at least I shall now see what other people think of blogs and why they are made ..