This is important to protect youself and family

@raydene (9874)
United States
April 2, 2007 9:15am CST
Cancer update -- Johns Hopkins -- Cancer News from Johns Hopkins : 1. No plastic containers in microwave. 2. No water bottles in freezer. 3. No plastic wrap in microwave. Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters! . Th is information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical enter as well. Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies . Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food. You get he same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as frozen dinners, instant ramen noodles and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just as easy to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran! , is just as dangerous when placed over! foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead. Please copy this and send it to all your loved ones..Cancer is everywhere these days so we need to be proactive in preventing it. Cheers
4 people like this
9 responses
• United States
2 Apr 07
Excellent information post. +++ again rating. I knew some of this, but many people do not. I want to know why the companies of tv dinners have them in plasic? And, what can we use then? Paper and dishes? Thanks sugar, keep up the great work you are doing here.
3 people like this
@raydene (9874)
• United States
4 Apr 07
I still use my pyrex alot and you can bet I'll be using it more now.Thanks
@gabs8513 (48710)
• United Kingdom
2 Apr 07
Well I never knew that and I think it should be made Public, warnings should be put on the Items such as the Ready Meals it should state the Danger on there Well that is what I think anyway Hugs
2 people like this
@raydene (9874)
• United States
4 Apr 07
These companies won't stop these practices until the law is passed to make them.Hugs Hon
@Willowlady (10666)
• United States
2 Apr 07
If is that bad then the companies should not make those bottles and things. We also need to eat better and more wholesome foods. There are many things if we weren't so lazy that could go a long way in addition to avoiding the things that are not natural or obviously contribute to an unhealthy lifestyle. Thanks for sharing this so that people can take note and find this out elsewhere and learn more!
2 people like this
@raydene (9874)
• United States
4 Apr 07
I agree but it is hard with a family
@kathy77 (7488)
• Australia
2 Apr 07
Thank you so much for this valuable informtion regarding Cancer, yes there are many things that we should not do so as to help us prevent cancer from forming in the beginning I have done some of these things here to prevent cancer but I am sure that there is always other things we can do.
2 people like this
• United States
4 Apr 07
This isn't entirely true. Check www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cookplastic.asp This is an Urban Legend. There are no Dioxins in plastic.
1 person likes this
@raydene (9874)
• United States
5 Apr 07
I feel bad passing bad info .I had it passed to me and thought I'd pass it on
• United States
4 Apr 07
This isn't entirely true. Check www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cookplastic.asp This is an Urban Legend. There are no Dioxins in plastic.
1 person likes this
@raydene (9874)
• United States
5 Apr 07
It was sent to me so I thought I'd pass it on.
@lols189 (4797)
3 Apr 07
thanks for the information as it is very useful. i will tell others i know about this
1 person likes this
@winterose (39897)
• Canada
3 Apr 07
thank you for this, I never do those things anyhow but it is also good to know and to tell other people about it.
1 person likes this
@byfaithonly (10716)
• United States
4 Apr 07
I've heard never to put styrofoam in the microwave because of it causing cancer but never these - I am so thankful you posted this as I am always putting plastic in the microwave (we tend to live out of the micro these days) and I even have special water bottles that are ment to go in the freezer - guess those will be going in the trash. I will certainly be passing this information on.