woman and the word of God

@stacyv81 (5904)
"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve, And Adam was not the one decieved; it was the woman who was decieved and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing-if they continue in fath, love and holiness, with propriety." 1 Timothy 2:11-15 So, does that mean as women were are not to spread the word? What about the women who cannot have babies?
@DeenaD (2688)
Paul wrote letters to particular churches with whom he was in communication, and we only have one half of an ongoing conversation. You quote is from one of Paul's letters. Keeping that in mind, I'd have to suggest that Paul was probably addressing a church for whom this was a problem - possibly a church taken over by particularly "bossy" women who were ruining it (and don't deny that bossy women exist and can spoil groups dynamics!) and he was probably trying to put them in their place.
or gossiping during the sermon !if men did this would they not also be repremanded?
Your question rather confuses me. Are you asking if woman should spread the word of God?
@stacyv81 (5904)
Yes, well if we arent to teach, but be quiet and submissive, how will we let others know? Do we leave it up to the men? Or what?
@lightningMD (5932)
in our church women are not allowed to preach..but that doesnt mean she cant spread the word of God to the people she meets and in womens group and so on
@stacyv81 (5904)
right, my church is the same woman can teach children and women but no males after the age of 12. But say I'm on mylot and discussing religion with a man is that not permitted?
@Kaeli72 (1230)
Now you've done it! *lol* I've been steering away from a discussion I've been wanting to do...and because of this question, I'm inclined to ask of it. To answer you question, if a woman is loud and not submissive to her husband, she cannot hear what he has to say. G-d is head of all things...then the glory goes to the man since he is the head of the family. The woman is the man's glory and it goes back to G-d. Woman can spread the word...what ever gave you that silly notion? During the first Pentacost, there were men AND women in the upper room and they all recieved the Holy Ghost that day. You know the rest of this story. Women who cannot have babies...someone once told me that the reason some women cannot have babies is because they aren't married...yet, those women who are having abortions are the ones doing this out of wedlock. It goes deeper than what you and I can imagine right now.
my friend you are quoting Paul and not Jesus who held women in such esteen he appeared first to them on his resurection from the grave and he told them to go tell the bretheren !if we are good enough for Jesus then i have no qualms about speaking the word Matthew 28:8. So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me." 11. While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.