How do you file a complaint?

United States
April 4, 2007 3:34pm CST
A doctor was very rude to my friend and shouting comments about her file to a nurse outside, and I told her that she should report it. But how does she go about doing that? Is there a particular organization she should go to? She is in Texas. I know it is different for every state but it may be helpful for others also.
1 person likes this
2 responses
• United States
4 Apr 07
I know many insurance companies want feedback on the doctors in their network. Doctors don't want to lose the ability to accept that company's insurance and therefore see their patients, so they tend to listen when the insurance company says "Hey, we got a complaint". The insurance companies take these seriously because the doctor represents them in the eye of the consumer, and they don't want that kind of treatment for their customers.
@Kylalynn (1773)
• South Africa
4 Apr 07
If the dr works from a hospital report his abuse to the head of the medical department. If he is in private practise contact the medical act and report him there. Alternately a lawyer would know just who to contact.